Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to be able to set project location

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am a teacher using Adobe presenter in a school. Unfortunately we are not having a great deal of success using the product with our students because their Documents folder is mapped to a network location. Consequently when capturing or editing screen recordings the results are intermittent with frequent crashes of the application. When I have the students disable WiFi on their device and captured data is cached locally on the device it works well which is fine as long as you dont need to access the network for what you are capturing.

I realize that you can specify the publish folder but this doesn't help. There really needs to be a way to set the project folder so that captured video can be set to a local drive.

For now are a re forced to use MS Mix which is not as good an option but works better in our environment which is a shame because I really prefer presenter.

Thanks

Stephen

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since you are looking to change the publish location of captured video, i believe the application you are talking about is Adobe Presenter Video Express.

Now to change the publish location of your project in Presenter Video Express, please follow below mentioned steps:

1. Launch Adobe Presenter Video Express (either directly from Start menu or uing Presenter)

2. Click on Settings button and select Preferences as shown in below image.

Untitled.png

3. Under the Publish settings, change the publish location by modifying the published folder field.

Kindly let me know if you need any further help.

Please mark this answer as correct if you find it helpful.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Zeeshan but I suggest you actually have a read of my original post and try again.

Cheers

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can change the project folder if needed by editing the preferences file. Follow these steps:

1.      Open %APPDATA%\..\Local\Adobe\Presenter Video Express 11.0\preferences.xml

2.      Change the value of attribute ‘projectBasePath’ to a different folder.

If you make this change, all your projects will get saved/loaded from the new folder.

Kindly let me know if you need any further help.

Please mark this answer as correct if you find it helpful.

Thanks,

Zeeshan Hussain

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources