• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to know Muse can export to Wordpress ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know Muse can export to Wordpress ? I want to do is wordpress(theme) .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

I've got literally no web design experience nd I was able to use WP CMS in a muse design through Musexpress by MuseGain. They have a number of widgets and the themes available as well, support is great too.

MusexPress | Adobe Muse and WordPress

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not specifically. Muse is designed for building standalone websites in which you could insert a Wordpress blog, but it's not really meant for designing Wordpress themes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Morgan says Muse is designed for creating standalone websites.

However I did create my website using Muse and then created a WordPress theme to match by using the code that Muse creates. Here is the site created in Muse: www.photograffix.co.uk and this is the WordPress blog with a matching bespoke theme I created: blog.photograffix.co.uk.

It can be done but you will need a good understanding of HTML, CSS and PHP to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I wonder if you can advice? Im working on a responsive site using a fluid grid system and want to link it to wordpress for there CMS is it possible to create the site in Muse and export the CSS into a WP theme or would it be better doing this on Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

I have the same problim, I am trying to achive a fully responsive site, so i designed it in muse looks fab and like how muse works,

but i need to learn how to extract the code, if you find out any chance you could share info

thanks,

spudsmurphy13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure, what code you need, but if you want you can export the site as html and then open the pages in any code editor like dreamweaver and you can then see all the codes behind it. To export it html, goto File Menu-> export as html. That might be helpful.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to try this now

thanks

spudsmurphy13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gaurav

Will this export the page as a HTML with CSS code at the top of the page or with a CSS as a seperate page that the HTML referances?

I am just in the wire frame stages of the project and still deciding if I should start in Dreamweaver or Muse. Do both programmes link well together?

For example if I designed and mocked up my site in Muse could I import it into Dreamweaver and then change the code before exporting it as a HTML or CSS page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using this option is will export all the files individually, like css, images, html pages, JS and etc. The biggest difference between Muse and dreamweaver is, that you don't have to be a coder to use muse. The option for exporting as html is available to make the software more flexible with custom code. Sometime user wants to use there own codes with it, so they can simply design the site in muse, and export it as html and then they can open it in Dreamweaver and put there code. It is absolutely depends on user's need how they want to use it.

You can not export your Muse site in Dreamweaver directly, you need to export it as html and then use the exported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gaurav

I am designer but was hoping to conect the front end of the responsive site that I am designing to the CMS that WP uses as we are fimilar with it. I gues its not that easy to do that with Muse alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple way to convert html in wordpress theme, for example, check the link below

http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/theme-development/convert-your-wordpress-theme-to-html5/

As long as you have all the files used by wordpress, like sidebar.php, index.php, etc, you can convert html to Wordpress theme as well. I hope the link above will help you with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you know a person I can hire who can convert a Word Press theme I've purchased into Muse so I can work on it?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post a link to any video, on how to export the code from muse to a text editor?

Thanks again

spudsmurphy13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look to this video, which shows how to export your site as html

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/muse-host-with-a-third-party-provider/

Once your site has been exported, follow the steps given in the article below, to open html pages in Dreamweaver

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/creating-opening-documents.html

Let me know if you still have any query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it done!

thanks all

spudsmurphy13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months latter. love muse nearly finished my first from scratch dream digital experence. did a( wc3  )test and it failed 34 errors? i added no html, i keep all images under 100%, but i did custom a contact form in muse, no dreamweaver stuff. any ideas.

spuds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spuds,

A link to the page(s) your are validating and getting errors would really help look into this and investigate.

Thanks,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikas,

I am pulling the site a part to find out what I did wrong, I think it was the contact forms that I customized within muse.

when i checked the url on this site35 Errors, 1 warning(s)   http://validator.w3.org/

http://validator.w3.org/Link to site http://geekteam.businesscatalyst.com

I will check it again in a few days when modified, or is the validation I used reliable?

cheers

spuds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I am wanting to do the opposite. To have a WordPress Template converted to Muse so I can work on it.  I would like to find someone who can do this for me.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could explane how to extract code from muse!

Thanks

spudsmurphy13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export from Muse to HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

Not really the place, but just would like to say I really liked your site and think it's a very good Muse work. No smoke and mirrors, just a clean, functional and well all around integrated theme.

Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M_Rocha

Thank your feedback — really nice to know. Much appreciated!

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marco,  Can you also take a word press theme and convert it to Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.

Answer anyone help me understand more application  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines