New Here ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not select my customized skin... this is what I have done:

Created new skin

Selected "Create custom WebHelp skin

Edited skin and named it "QBSkin_Green

Right-clicked skin after it poped up in Project Set-up Pod and selected "Add to Gallery"

Used FlashHelp to generate Flash file which is my Primary Layout

Wanted to select my customized skin either from dropdown list of Skins or by entering Gallery

But... my skin is nowhere to be found...

What am I doing wrong?

S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008
Sorry Suzy. I am a flashhelp novice having never used it. I seem to have misled you. You can't edit flashhelp skins from within RH but if you can edit it outside. Click here for an article on how to do this. Bear in mind that you do have to have some XML knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susy and welcome to the RH community.

The key to this problem is the second step - Create new webhelp skin. If you are using FlashHelp as your output you will only be able to select a flashhelp skin. You will have to use the "Import Skin from Gallery" option that allows you to import a flashhelp skin that you can amend. Make sure you have FlashHelp set as your default single source layout or else you end up with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - thanks :)

But what should I use if I would like to have a customized skin? Can I customize a flashhelp skin, where can I find "Import skin from Gallery"?

I must have gone blind, can not find anything by now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suzy.

Yes you can customise a FlashHelp skin in the same way as you can a webhelp skin. In your second step, select the first option "Create Skin from Gallery" instead of "Create Custom Webhelp Skin" and you'll be taken to the next step of the wizzard where existing flashelp skins are displayed.

You may also want to search the web for existing flash help skins that you could import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience :)

But there is just no way I can customize a skin, all I can do is give the FlashHelp skin a new name... So now I have a new skin that looks exactly like the one I created it from...

Am I missing something in RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Suzy. I am a flashhelp novice having never used it. I seem to have misled you. You can't edit flashhelp skins from within RH but if you can edit it outside. Click here for an article on how to do this. Bear in mind that you do have to have some XML knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - thanks 🙂 I'll see who I can ask for help "in house" to make adjustments. Greetings from Oslo, Norway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ditto from a very sunny Guildford, UK I hope you get someone to help. If not, have a look at the XML file in notepad. Personally I find it easier to follow than HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp