Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to Word

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day All

I know that this questions might have been asked a 100 times over and I tried to go through the forum using the search funtionality but I have not found much except that this is a bug, but I am hoping that I missed a response and that there is a fix or a "work-around" to the problem.

My problem is that I want to publish my captivate to a word doc but I get this error message:

"An error was encountered while publishing to Word.
Please check to make sure Word is not busy and try again."

Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Dimitri
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dimitri,

I have seen this error message a couple of times. In both cases it was because I had MS Word running. In this first instance please try closing all Word documents and exiting Word it self.

Note: If you are attempting to open an MS Word 2007 document using Adobe Captivate 2, then you will need to consider upgrading to Adobe Captivate 3. MS Word 2007 documents are not supported in previous versions of Captivate.

HTH

Regards - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark

I am using Microsoft 2007 and Captivate 3. I have closed down all office applications. Tried to publish it but still the same problem. I however am not the only one with this problem my colleagues and I are all sitting with this problem. It all started when we upgraded to Captivate 2. All of us are experiencing the same problem i.e. it is not local to my machine.

Thank you so much for your help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri

Of course I'm not Mark, but I think it is about 5 AM where he is. I'm wondering if this would have something to do with macro security. I know that we see issues with RoboHelp when we deal with printed output because the templates that are used contain macros. I believe that Captivate may be the same way.

If I'm guessing correctly here, you may need to relax the security a tad. Just open Word up and click Tools > Macro > Security and reduce it a notch. See if this changes anything.

I may be off my rocker with this, but it won't hurt anything to try.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heeeee... Sorry Rick .. .Eish you are not going to believe where I got Mark from... Under your reply it says "Mark this message as the answer" ... hence I only read Mark ... heeee... Sorry

I read in one of the posts about the Security thang. I played around with it but no luck. This is most probably because I am new to Office 2007 i.e. there is no Tools button. Do you mind if I tell you what I did?

I clicked on the office button>Word Options>Trust center>Trust center settings>Macro settings> Enable all macros .......

This however did not help. Should I have set something else?

Dimitri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri,

Mark here - Since Rick's excellent suggestion did not do the trick, I would suggest that you report this as a bug using the Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Please do let us know how you get on as it would be useful to know how Adobe managed to fix this issue.

Warm regards - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there hope on the error encountered when publishing (handouts) to Word. I'm running Captivate 3 with Word 2007, and have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2008 Feb 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mrfibuli I have had no response from them yet, not even a hold on we are trying to fix this.... nothing. I must accept they have forgotten me. So I tell you what, I am going to click on the link again to send a bug to them, why don't you also click on the link and send them a bug report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri

If you used the bug reporting form, I would actually be surprised if they contacted you as a result. Most of the time, these are a one way avenue. Just a way for us to feed them issues we find. I might instead suggest you use the Adobe Support link. I just place a link in that last sentence, or you may scroll to the bottom of this page and use theirs.

Hopefully this will be helpful... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick. Much appreaciated.. hey Happy new year. I went to the link and they want one to pay for the support... mmm ... what happened to the support one receives with the maintanace agreement? This is for my company, I am sure not going to pay for the support. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Dimitri

You asked:
what happened to the support one receives with the maintanace agreement?

If you have some sort of an agreement with Adobe, I would think they should be able to somehow manage to identify your company in their records.

But I'm not Adobe. I'm just another Captivate user. Only Adobe can speak to that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You da bestest Rick. I contacted Adobe and they are looking into the matter i.e. lets see what happens.
Do you know when a new version is due? Or a patch? Or update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2008 Feb 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dimitri

New version? As in Captivate 4? Well, I've heard some talk about it. But I'd have to guess that it's nothing more at this point than a twinkling in Adobe's eye.

Assuming a new version were in progress, we would expect to see either an Alpha or a Beta. Neither of those has happened, so even if they were working on something at the moment (and I have no idea whether they are) I'm guessing it would be a good many months away.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Assuming a new version were in progress, we would expect to
> see either an Alpha or a Beta.

But if there were one, we wouldn't be allowed to talk about it unless it
were a public Beta ... so, it's a question domed to disappointment all round
:-(

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this will work.

Sanjay Das

Data Recovery
Ink Cartridges
Data Recovery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sanjay
Do you have a work around to this error?

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Adobe and they are looking into the matter, lets see what happens.

cartridges raid recovery hard disk recovery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day All

Some good news from my side.

I did contact Adobe and they were brilliant. They asked me to do a couple of thangs.. send them some thangs... they sent me some thangs... and eventually these thangs made my Captivate work ... heeeeee.

Honestly they were great and now I have a working version that I am not allowed to use as they are still busy doing some testing ... BUT it works Yeeeehaaaa.... It feels great .. heeee.

Furthermore I see there is big talk about Captivate 4 being in the pipelines. According to a friend there are going to be BIG TIME improvements and enhancements. So I cannot wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2008 Apr 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heeeeeee.... Yip I must say I am totally impressed with them. Why not try them? Man they have over exceeded my expectations... totally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dimitri
Greetings! I am getting the same error when I use Captivate 3 and word 2007.
Did it work for you? Could you please post the steps to get this error fixed.
"An error was encountered while publishing to Word.
Please check to make sure Word is not busy and try again."

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day Sam

I did not get my version to work. Adobe worked on something and sent me a working version (i.e. a new copy of Captivate). Why not write to them and ask them for help.. they are very friendly and helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dimitri
Thanks for the update and help. I had a deadline so I installed MS Office 2003 and the output worked like a breeze but still no clue why i wont work in MS Office 2007 😞 Its a bummer.

Wish there was a work around to it.

Thanks anyways

Peace

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Morning Sam sorry I cannot help you. The file is firstly toooooo BIG to send via email. Secondly Adbobe Captivate advised me not to use it as there might be other bugs (but I do use it ... shh ... do not tell anybody ... heee).

Did you write to them? I am sure they will give you the same version they gave me. They were real friendly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources