• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to make context-sensitive help on the application level..I mean pressing F1 anywhere in the application to open the help file (showing all topics) as whole.

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do window-level help due to time limitation. Do I need to assign IDs in this case & how to link all topics?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to display a different topic each time you press F1 in the application? If so, then you need to do CSH & play with it so that it launches the full TOC, Search, etc; if not, then just launch the index page of your help output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't need it for each topic. But, I need to make the Help file accessible by pressing F1 anywhere in the application. Please I don't get what do you mean by launching index page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of help output are you generating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already generated Responsive HTML5 help file and published in the app, but I need to add F1 accessibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need, depends on how you want to get it done. The application can call topics directly, but if your topic is moved or renamed, the application will have to be updated. With map ID's, you avoid this issue by adding an extra layer that separates the CSH call from your topic structure.

Please see Context Sensitivity in Responsive and Multiscreen HTML5 | WvanWeelden.eu for more (technical) information on your options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, the application will recall by map file or by IDs? as we have no help on the window-level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you just want to launch the index html page - when you generated your help, you indicated a start page - it's usually called index.htm. Just have your app invoke that URL. If you want fancier ways for your developer to call RH (C++, VB, .NET, etc.), see the CSH methods in your RH installation directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp