Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 21.0.0.213 not installing.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could anyone advise why the new version will not install.

I'm trying to install the MSI of either active x or NPAPI, I am licensed to re-distribute.

Regardless of what Windows OS I try it fails, we don't block msi installs so should allow any user to install however even with local admin or domain admin the install fails.

The error I get is "You must have administrative privileges to install flash player 21. please log on with administrative privileges and try again.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Below link might be helpful:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

The Flash Player Admin Guide contains a chapter on distributing Flash Player within your organization.  If you are distributing it to multiple computers you'll need to license Flash Player for distribution (free for most use cases) and you'll then receive an email with a link to download Flash Player for offline installation to the various systems.  More information is available at http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html and in the Flash Player Administrator's Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The article is very useful if you've never deployed Flash before.

The issue I find is that I've tried to deploy it and it fails, so I tried the installer locally to my machine and a few other test machines and the installer fails to install with the error mentioned previously. This indicates to me that there would be an issue with the installer itself but I'm not sure.

The .exe installers appear to work fine and extracting the .exe from the .msi also installs fine.

Anyone else had/having issues with the .msi installer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you are not an administrator on the machine that is what 'You must have administrative privilege' means, its a straightforward error.

How about right click run as administrator.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As previously mentioned, I've tried to run it on my machine with local admin, this fails.

I've tried running as admin and entering domain admin details, this also fails.

a .msi installer shouldn't need admin in the first place if as an administrator you don't block .msi installers via group policy. So I shouldn't need to be admin.

This is the error I get when running local admin

flash 11.png

Running domain admin

flash 22.png

I get this error message.

flash 33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS is correct. Users must have Administrator privileges for Flash Player to install.  If the user's are Administrator's and the MSI is still failing, please provide the following log files for us to troubleshoot further:

• verbose MSI installer log file from an impacted system
  • FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if the system is 64-bi)

Upload the log files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded log files in your reply.

Also, what version of Windows is this on?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously mentioned, I've tried to run it on my machine with local admin, this fails.

I've tried running as admin and entering domain admin details, this also fails.

I think he's already specified that this isn't an admin rights issue.  I'm getting the same problem and I'm definitely, 100% an administrator on my laptop.

The error messages are incorrectly reporting that admin rights are required.  If you right-click and hit "Run as administrator", the installation will succeed.  The ActiveX installer fails, but the NPAPI installer succeeds without having to run as admin through the right-click menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If the OP can't access the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory there are permissions issues with that directory.  The FAQ CS links to will assist with this. The tool in our FAQ is limited to files and registry items Flash Player writes to an/or modifies.  However, sometimes, there are other file system and/or registry items that prevent installation.  In these cases, Microsoft has resources for fixing file system and registry permissions issues. The OP hasn't replied and we don't know if the solution in the FAQ worked or not.

For your issue, please provide the following:

• OS and browser, including version
  • Flash Player version currently installed, see helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
  • FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if the system is 64-bit, both FlashInstall.log files are needed)
    • Upload the log file(s)s to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded log files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Firefox 45.0.2

No Flash player currently installed.  I'm trying to install Flash Player 21. I just reapplied to distribute two days ago, so I'm assuming it's the latest one.

Here's the latest entry from FlashInstallLog.log:

=O====== M/21.0.0.213 2016-04-13+13-16-01.976 ========

0000 00000010 "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\{E0C1144D-1178-4B3F-9FF6-7CE6B54017C0}\InstallFlashPlayer.exe" -install -skipARPEntry -iv 2 -au 4294967295

0001 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX/UninstallerPath 2

0002 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions/21.0 2

0003 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX/UninstallerPath 2

0004 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX/ 2

0005 00001015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx 5

0006 00000018

0007 00001045 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx 5

0008 00001015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx 5

0009 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\\FlashUtil64_21_0_0_213_ActiveX.exe/ 2

0010 00001015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch 5

0011 00001045 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch 5

0012 00001015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch 5

0013 00000013

0014 00000015 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_21_0_0_213_ActiveX.exe

0015 00000016 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_21_0_0_213_ActiveX.dll

0016 00000023 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch

0017 00001031 C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch:5

=X====== M/21.0.0.213 2016-04-13+13-16-03.643 ========

I'm trying to install using SCCM 2012.  My installation failed for only the .msi installer for the ActiveX version.  The NPAPI version succeeded without any modifications to my test systems.  When it failed on the SCCM console, I ran the installer by double-clicking on the client and I got a prompt saying that I need admin rights.  Right-click>Run as Administrator... allowed the installation to go through.  I definitely have admin rights on that machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markc54951597,

You're situation for Flash Player ActiveX is completely different from the OP.  As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer, and Edge in Windows 10 and all updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Flash Player ActiveX installer will NOT install on these operating systems.  To update Flash Player for IE/Edge on Windows 10, please run Windows Update.

We will be updating the text on the distribution page to indicate that the Flash Player ActiveX installers are only for Windows 7 and below.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for clarifying the requirements!  I could swear I already knew that, but I've obviously forgotten.  I'll update my testing scope to include only Windows 7 machines.

I'm curious to see if OP has tried Windows 7 ("Regardless of what Windows OS I try it fails")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines