• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 will not import Olympus RAW

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Lightroom 6 (NOT CC) for Mac OSx which I had expected to be able to import Olympus OMD E-M10 Mk 2 RAW files (.ORF). However, it doesn't allow these to be imported. Will there be an update to Lightroom 6 to enable this soon? I appreciate I can use Adobe Raw converter to get round it for now, but it adds another step to the import process that I'd rather do without. Any further info or advice much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

As mentioned above Lightroom doesn't use the ACR PlugIn but has it built in to the application so s download of Lightroom is needed.

There is a link for the d/load here after the new camera table.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera is compatible with Lr6.2 or later.

Go to Help and select "Updates" ....to update your app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Geoff. I downloaded Adobe Camera Raw update 9.5 which then allowed the LR import dialog to see the .ORF (Olympus RAW) files. However, when I click on 'Import' I get the following dialog box in LR. After clicking 'Check for Updates' button it overlays the second dialog box as seen below. I can't, at the moment, see where to download LR 6.2?? (and my internet IS definitely working!!)

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 11.54.13.png

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not use the Photoshop plug-in Camera Raw.

You need to upgrade the Lightroom software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned above Lightroom doesn't use the ACR PlugIn but has it built in to the application so s download of Lightroom is needed.

There is a link for the d/load here after the new camera table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to everyone. I got the new LR update at last, though it wasn't easy to find at first, and all is working fine now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought LR6 thinking that it would solve the problem. Clicked on "check for updates" as recommended but it says "your software is up to date".....??? Any other suggestions? I made the investment in upgrading following the advice on Adobe forums where there was a table saying it supports the raw files of Olympus EM10II...Can i have an official response because if it does not support I want my money back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look on the listings here.

Your camera is listed as Lightroom 6.2 as far as I can see.

The current version is 6.5.1.

Look under Help>System Info and what does the first line (Lightroom Version) say???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a link here to the current update, you will see the download link in the middle of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem; I just noticed the download of LR6 was not completed. I thought I was on LR6 but it was LR5....It is importing the files now! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines