• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applying conditional tags dynamically

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there is any option to apply conditional tags dynamically to the output. This is the scenario. There is an application, which might have various options. These options will be integrated based on the customer requirement. For instance, Customer A might need some options which should be hidden form customer B and customer B need some options which should be hidden from customer A.  Now based on the customer requirement, is there an option by which the same HTML Help  can be configured for Customer A and Customer B since many of the options are common? Please note that t applying conditional tag has to be done on the output, and not before generating the HTML Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tags can only be applied to source but why are you wanting to apply this to the output? Applying the tags to the source and then generating on output for customer A and another output for customer B will give you exactly what you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Peter, but in this case the headache ismine. Our production team frequently releases same software for different markets. For every market, some features are to be shown/hidden from the output. This calls for a frequent updation to be done from my side. There should be some mechanism by which they can configure the output according to the features supported in the software's version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair to Peter (and Adobe) that functionality DOES exist as Peter has described. Whether you have to make the amendments in the source OR the output, the problem still exists that you have to do something. In such a scenario I'd always want to have full control by changing the source. Just my 2p 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm surprised Peter didn't point you to his page on customizing help.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/customising/customising.htm

Sounds like that may offer what you are looking for.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KKhanna

With the tags in the output, I suspect the content would not be browser compliant.

@Colum

I  think that what was required was the developers having the ability define the build expression. Given that the help would likely change with each release, I cannot see how that alone would suffice and, like you, I would want to control that.

@Rick

That topic is about end users adding content and I don't think that is what is required here.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Peter,

I am coming across another problem. I have generated an HTML help for a desktop application developed in BorlanDelphi environment. Now when i am giving the CHM to developers, the context sensitive help is not working. Is there anything else that i need to give along with the CHM file.

Earlier when i used to generate context sensitive help using Doc-to Help, only CHM file was required. The context senseitive help would run perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CHM question has been posted in a separate thread.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1386472 for replies.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar situation as in this original post for working with conditional build tags. For example, Customer A will need to see help content that is available in the first and second TOC books, Customer B will need to see help content that is available in the first and third books, and Customer C will need to see help content that is available in the first, second, and third books. Looking at the comments/answers to the initial question, I'm not sure that I understand the solution. Was the solution found at the URL below? If so, is there a way to email the content? My company's security is blocking this website.

Customising Help

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping that you have RoboHelp 2015, you can use dynamic filtering functionality to achieve this.

Please refer Adobe RoboHelp 2015: Dynamic Filters | WvanWeelden.eu for knowing about it.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does dynamic filtering work at the product level in Robohelp 2015? Different product help content will be in the same WebHelp output files. Users will need to only view content based upon which product they've purchased or see help content for all products (if purchased). We have each product content within a separate book on the TOC. Just trying to make sure this is going to work before requesting the 2015 version.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are producing WebHelp, forget about Dynamic Filtering. It only applies to Responsive HTML 5 output.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rightly pointed out by Rick. Dynamic filtering works for Responsive HTML5 and MobileApp outputs only.

Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp