Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfdocument pdf creation creates parsing error

New Here ,
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

An error has started to pop up on our server every other week or so ever since the most recent Coldfusion service pack (ColdFusion 8 Update 1 (8.0.1)). The only way to fix it has been to restart the server.

As far as I know, the code is always the same. The only variable is how long the server has been running. The error is below. This error occurs during the creation of a PDF document using the cfdocument tag. Again, after this error has occurred the only way to fix it seems to be by restarting the server. Right after the server restart the same code works fine.

An error: ERROR encountered loading https://www.domain.com/secure/admin/index.cfm: java.io.IOException: Parsing problem occured during the rendering process of this document.

I'm guessing this is some sort of new bug introduced during the service pack, but I welcome any suggestions for fixing things.

thanks,

Benjamin
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 19, 2008 May 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue.

I get the error on the production server but not my testing environment.

An error: ERROR encountered loading http://www.domain.com/index.cfm: java.io.IOException: Parsing problem occured during the rendering process of this document.

I ran across Jason's blog and have not checked for the image yet.
http://www.jmpj.net/jason/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=24C18D4D-CF1D-76B8-A3B8293A87D7D440

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We're in the same boat. The code works perfectly on our development and test machines, but production is throwing up that dreaded error message. Even more curious, almost all of our pdfs are generating perfectly on production except for this one. We had our vendors reboot our prod server last night and it didn't appear to fix our particular issue. I've also taken the queries out of the cfdoc portion of the cfm and I've been working to clean the code up a bit but no luck so far. I'm not sure the missing watermark is creating all this havoc for us, but I'm definitely going to add it to our list of things to check/try :)

~Heidi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation