Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install new version on Mac running El Capitan

Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac is on version 10.11.4 of OS X. I'm  using Firefox version 45.0.2. Old installed version of flash is 21.0.0.197, installed March 16, 2016. I can download new version 21.0.0.213, double-click, get prompted for password and install starts, but progress bar gets stuck at 90%, then after a while quits with failure.

My disk is encrypted (required).  Could this have anything to do with it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all four (4) files listed.  Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/a03a9d8a-cc07-446e-adea-82e9b6194032

From /var/log/install.log I copied all of today's entries. It wasn't

apparent to me that any of them had to do with install attempts.

I made several attempts today. The last one involved downloading an

offline installer. That got a little further - to 95% - but then

stalled. I finally rebooted my machine to get rid of all the hung

install processes. I haven't tried anything since.

best,

Joanne Bogart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop MAILING !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You'll need to adjust your mail preference as follows:

1. Click on your avatar image at top right of the page to display the menu
  2. From the menu select Preferences
  3. In the Email Preferences page select the Off radio button to the right of the various notifications to stop receiving emails.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; please don't shout.   The instructions I got (via email) could have been more explicit.   I've never used this forum before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am seeing some error in the online installer log file (Adobe_ADM.log) downloading/accessing Flash Player.  The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.

I'm not seeing much activity in the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file for a standalone/offline installer attempt.  Can you try again, using the installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section?  If it fails, please provide an updated FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file (and install.log file if anything new is written to it).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly!   Thank you so much.   Do you have any idea why?   Could the reboot to clear out old processes have helped?

Joanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop MAILING !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AGP,

You need to adjust your mail preference as follows:

1. Click on your avatar image at top right of the page to display the menu
  2. From the menu select Preferences
  3. In the Email Preferences page select the Off radio button to the right of the various notifications to stop receiving emails.

Until you adjust your mail preferences you will continue to receive emails.  Replying to an email with "stop MAILING !!!!!!" will NOT stop these emails.  You need to take the action to stop the emails.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Joanne,

The issue is with the online installer, not the standalone/offline installer.  The online installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) is a stub installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  The online installer log file (Adobe_ADM.log) had an entry indicating there was an issue downloading the Flash Player installer.  I'll need to forward this to the online installer team to investigate.  The standalone/offline installer is the full installer package, so nothing to download in the background, and therefore the reason it succeeded.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines