• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distribution download links no longer working

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying for distribution I was sent links to download Flash, Air and Reader, these links now redirect back to the "Apply for distribution pages" Why are these links no longer working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to @Installing Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with the downloading Flash Player, not Installing it...and it's all the download links, not just Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry you are having issues with the distribution page.  There are different download links for the different products as they are not all listed on the same page.  Please ensure you have access to the AIR and Reader pages, which are separate from the Flash Player page.

For Flash Player, please private message me the following information and I'll escalate this today:

• URL you used to access the distribution page
  • name used to apply for the distribution license
  • email address used to apply for the distribution license

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I received your message.

When did you apply for the license, and how many times where you able to access the site before it became inaccessible?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied around 2/29/16 and was able to access it frequently up until 6pm last night 3/28/16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I private messaged you a new URL yesterday.  Please let me know if it does or does not work.  Please ensure there are no spaces in the link as the forums software sometimes inserts spaces in links when sent via private message.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RichM2470,

Since receiving the most recent URL on March 29, how many times have you accessed the page?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, I'm not sure of an exact number, but we do access it a lot because we monitor the page to be alerted whenever a new version is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information.  The team is still investigating.

Adobe does offer a service to opt-in to to receive Security Bulletin and Advisory notifications.  The main Security Bulletins and Advisories page lists all Security Bulletin and Advisory.  Clicking the 'Notification Service' link on this page displays the form to submit to receive security bulletin and advisory notifications.  Unfortunately, there isn't an option to select to receive notifications by product, only all or nothing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm subscribed to that as well, but like you said a specific product can't be selected.  We poll the Flash site and get notified whenever a new version is available. 

Thanks, Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP MAILING !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You'll need to adjust your mail preference as follows:

1. Click on your avatar image at top right of the page to display the menu
  2. From the menu select Preferences
  3. In the Email Preferences page select the Off radio button to the right of the various notifications to stop receiving emails.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stop MALING !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AGP,

You need to adjust your mail preference as follows:

1. Click on your avatar image at top right of the page to display the menu
  2. From the menu select Preferences
  3. In the Email Preferences page select the Off radio button to the right of the various notifications to stop receiving emails.

Until you adjust your mail preferences you will continue to receive emails.  Replying to an email with "stop MAILING !!!!!!" will NOT stop these emails.  You need to take the action to stop the emails.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How often are you polling the page?  Essentially, the distribution download page has an access limit (500), which, under normal uses should be sufficient for the 1 year license term.  The most recent license link was provided to you on March 29.  According to the licensing team, your page has been accessed 500 times since March 29. On April 12/13 you messaged me that the page no longer worked.  Is it possible you have polled the page that many times (over 30 times per day) since March 29 checking for a new version?

I have asked the licensing team if you should apply again, or if they can generate another URL for you.  I'll provide that information when I get it from them.

On a side note, we are working on a master version xml page that lists the released versions for each player type and platform that customers will be able to use to poll for new versions of Flash Player.  I don't have an estimate as to when this master version xml page will be available, but hopefully soon.  In the interim, instead of polling the distribution page, you can poll the http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/‌ page for the latest version.  The version numbers on this page are updated with each release.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I believe we poll it every 30min. so that would put us over the limit. Due to Flash being a high vulnerability we need to know as soon as it's released so we can get it out to our users, once a day wouldn't be enough and even if we cut it down to twice a day it would still be over the 500 limit.  Not really sure why a limit is needed on a download page, especially with a software that has as many releases as Flash.

I looked at the link you sent which shows .216 as the latest version for Chrome, but says Internet Explorer - Active X is still .213, hasn't that been updated to .216 as well?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for providing more background on your deployment strategy.  I will take this back to the licensing team.

21.0.0.216 was only released for the embedded Flash Player version in Chrome to address a Chrome-only injection in 21.0.0.213.  The versions on the http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ page are current as of Tuesday, when Microsoft released Flash Player ActiveX for IE on Windows 8 and above, and Edge on Windows 10.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines