• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book opens but crashes as I go through it

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open the book, Pro Tools 101 by Avid, but ADE consistently crashes after scrolling through more than 5 pages.  On new iMac, OS 10.11.3, 8GB RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error with different eBooks? If not know check it with this: http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/sample-ebook-library.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion, but I'm not sure it has the same situation to make a fair comparison.  Many of these files just loaded up as PDFs, and went straight to iBooks.  I am new to Mac, so I apologize for newbie statements and/or experiences regarding this.  The reason I'm not sure if it is a fair comparison is because they're all free and don't go through the ACSM logging in to verify etc., and they don't seem to even have the ACSM extensions in the downloads.  I do have Windows available to test, and the book downloads and reads in ADE just fine.

I did download several of these books, just to see.  All of them read fine.  I have a support question in with Avid as well -- don't know how long they'll take to answer.  Submitted the same time as this forum, so far no answer.  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its works when you start Digital Edition and then go to file > Add to Library and Choose the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines