• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 7 Firefox download screen freezes version .213

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All. I'm English living in France. Am trying to download Flash Player .213. Have uninstalled v .209 so no Flash player on my system. When I get to this screen Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions the screen freezes. I cannot change my location from USA to UK; just reverts to US. Download Now button is greyed out. I do want an English language version .213 HELP, anybody know a solution to this, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

There is several things you can try

First lets try uninstalling the current version using the adobe flash player uninstaller

Next lets get offline installer for NPAPI ( for Firefox )

Next lets get offline installer ActiveX ( for Internet Explorer)

Now that you have downloaded those files, close ALL browsers, wait a few seconds, and run each file in order you downloaded them.

Once they are all installed, try launching Firefox and see if that helps, if not we will try something else.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Download button on the Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions will become active once you select the OS and player type you want to download.  This page also has an option in the lower left to change your region.  Have you tried this option (is this what you mean you say it reverts back to US)?  I'm not sure why the page is freezing, and I am not able to reproduce.  Have you tried downloading the installer from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer?

There is only one single Flash Player that is localized in the various languages we support.  The language in which the Flash Player text displays is based on the region and language settings on your computer.  To display in English, change this in your computer settings:

• Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items > Region and Language
  • In the Location tab select 'United Kingdom' and then click Apply
  • In the Keyboards and Languages tab > Display language select English language (you may have to install it if it's not available)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Maria,

The Download button does not become active after selecting the OS and player type. It freezes. I have tried to change region as you suggest - several times. I choose UK and it ignores my selection, remaining at USA. The same freeze occurs if I choose France, where I live. I have been trying now for about 6 to 7 hours and I cannot get past this screen: Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions. I have (experimentally) downloaded Shockwave player, but I still cannot get Radio 4 in France on my system - the BBC site is telling me I need Flash Player.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Shockwave Player and Flash Player are two different pieces of software.

Are you able to download from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer?

Are you using a proxy server?  VPN?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject: Re: [Installing Flash Player] Win 7 Firefox download screen freezes version .213

I only downloaded Shockwave player to see whether it would download - it did, perfectly satisfactorily, with the same screens as the Flash player download process. I am not able to download from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer - the Step 1 screen just freezes.

I had Hola on my system but it's been uninstalled, download process still freezing at the first screen. Don't know what a proxy server is - this machine is wirelessly linked to a standard router and thence to my ISP, which is orange.fr​

Thanks for persisting

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is several things you can try

First lets try uninstalling the current version using the adobe flash player uninstaller

Next lets get offline installer for NPAPI ( for Firefox )

Next lets get offline installer ActiveX ( for Internet Explorer)

Now that you have downloaded those files, close ALL browsers, wait a few seconds, and run each file in order you downloaded them.

Once they are all installed, try launching Firefox and see if that helps, if not we will try something else.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, Carm01 - worked as easy as an electric light switch. Congrats.

Best regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: My computer and keyboard are set to UK

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines