• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 7 installs, but no "Adobe Presenter" menu in PowerPoint

New Here ,
May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Windows Vista SP1 with Office 2007.
Presenter 6.1 has always worked for me without issues.

I saw that Presenter 7 had been released, so I grabbed the trial version, uninstalled Presenter 6.1, and Installed Presenter 7. Installation completes without issues. However, when PowerPoint is loaded, there is no Adobe Presenter menu present. I followed the instructions in the release notes for enabling a disabled add-in, but Presenter was not listed as an add-in (disabled or not).

I've tried a repair installation, I've removed and reinstalled, nothing gives me the Adobe Presenter tab in PowerPoint 2007.

Anyone else experience this and found a solution? I can't wait to get my hands on Presenter 7, but if I can't get it installed, it's useless to me.

For now, I reinstalled Presenter 6.1, and it is back and working fine.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install Presenter 7 , is Presenter add-in listed in COM addins in checked state ?
To check that follow the steps below :
1.Click PowerPoint Office Button > PowerPoint Options > Add-ins
2 Click the Manage menu, select COM Add-ins, and then click Go

If it is not checked , check it and then launch PowerPoint again .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried following the steps, I select Adobe Presenter Add In, but when I relaunch the PowerPoint still I am unable to view the Menu.

I earlier had MS Office 2003 and it worked fine. Recently I upgraded to MS Office 2007 and I cant the addin to enable.

Is there anything else I need to do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well finally I got my Addin running. I found that under the disabled addin lists but inspite of selecting it and enabling it I couldnt get it enabled.

Finally I went into the Disabled section and removed it completely and then added it again and viola it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Presenter add-in isn't listed in COM addins at all.

I tried to manually add "MenuLauncher.dll" (which is the appropriate DLL for the addin), but nothing happens. No error message, nothing. It just doesn't add.

Guess I'm back to Presenter 6.1 for now.

Anybody have any other ideas? I can't believe that a package from Adobe has such a basic error in the install...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a little poking around in the registry. The "MenuLauncher.dll" appears in "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs" when Presenter 6.1 is installed (and the Adobe Presenter menu appears in PowerPoint).

When Presenter 7 is installed, not only is "MenuLauncher.dll" not listed in SharedDLLs, but NONE of the 40 or so Presenter 6 dlls that appeared are listed.

Anyone know if this is a clue as to why Presenter 7 isn't working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the installer is somehow not able to make entries into the registry. One of the wild thought would be that certain permission restriction is doing that. You might like to try resetting the permission for the entries that you think should have been made by the installer (.....\SharedDLLs). Be ultra cautous while doing this and try to do as little change as possible. It would be far better if you can have a running Presenter 7 system alongside and check your system's registry against the one that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem. I copied the DLL from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7 to C:\Documents and Settings\myadminname\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns. The name of the DLL is: MenuLauncher.dll

That seems to have done it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had this problem myself.  Fixed it like this:

1. Click on Microsoft Office button.
  2. Click PowerPoint options
  3. Click Add-ins --Look for the Adobe Presenter PowerPoint COM Addin.  It will be most likely located in hte Disabled Application Add Ins.
  4. From the Manage menu, select Disabled Items.
  5. Click Go.
  6. Select Adobe Presenter PowerPoint COM Addin
  7. Click Enable
  8. The menu should appear in PowerPoint now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried that but it didn't work for me. Only copying it to the Microsoft\Add

Ins folder worked for me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was working on a Presenter file yesterday I ran into this problem -- all of a sudden, POOF, the AP tab was gone from my ribbon. 

Thanks to the forum I was able to solve it, but I kinda had to hi-jack several of the suggestions.

First, I am working in PPT 2007 on Windows 7.

I used LisaTsabari's suggestion and copied the DLL file from the Presenter 7 folder into the Microsoft\addins.  Unfortunately, my AP tab did not reappear!

Soldiering on, I read Reema Lodha and  ID kyeoman's suggestions and did the following:

Deleted the "disabled" add-in. (Reema Lodha)

Then added it back using ID kyeoman's steps.  (Note, Windows 7/PPT 2007 did not have a "manage" menu, but it did have a "go" button next to COM addin)

It all worked! Upon restarting PPT, I have my Adobe Presenter tab back! 

Thanks to all in the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

To answer this, first we need to check if Adobe Presenter is installed on the computer system we are dealing with.

The easiest and the quickest way would be to go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Program Features and check within the list of instralled applications.

Once this is verified, launch Microsoft Power Point 2007 and click on the MS Office button on the top left.

* From the drop down, select PowerPoint options.

* Click on the Add Ins Tab on the left hand pane.

* On the bottom of this page next to 'Manage' click the drop down list to select 'Disabled Items' and click 'GO'.

* A second box would appear. On this smalll box click and highlight Adobe Presenter Com Add In from the list and click on 'Enable'.

* Close Powerpoint window and relaunch MS Powerpoint.

* You should now have the Adobe Presenter Tab available on the top menu bar for MS Powerpoint 2007.

Regards,

Ashish Prashad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble that I am experiencing is (on a Win 7 machine using PowerPoint 2007 via eLearning Suite 2 install,) that I never see Adobe Presenter in Powerpoint's COM Add-Ins at all.  I also do not see Adobe Presenter in the "Disabled" list at all. I do not see it even after manually adding "menulauncher.dll" to the Microsoft/Add-Ins folder for every user of the machine. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, repaired then uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Presenter but each time, I get the same results - Adobe Presenter never listed in COM Add-Ins as available or as "Disabled".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 13/08/2010 and will not return until

31/08/2010.

If your matter is urgent, then please contact Emma Dawson on ext. 15832.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 90 minute plus Adobe customer support call and talking with

4 different people they told us that Win 7 64bit/office 2010 and presentor 7 are not compatible. They recommend either downgrading the oprating system or office both i do not want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Prachiak,

Adobe Presenter does works on 64-bit Windows 7 but then you have to install the Microsoft Office 2010 which is 32-bit version. I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources