• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.1 has stopped working

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The environment is Windows 10 after latest update from Windows. Message received when trying to access a connected Kobo Aura H2O: Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.1 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Mike42

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition only crashed when conect the Reader to the Device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes when reader is connected. I have not tried without a connection, will try that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to transfer to the bookshelf in Adobe 4.5.1, but once I connect the Kobo ereader I cannot access the reader. I also no longer have any of my books which I have purchased showing up on the bookshelf in Adobe 4.5.1. A week ago everything was running fine. After a recent update for Windows 10 I could no longer make Digital Editions function correctly, and I lost all my books in 4.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also once I have opened 4.5.1, I can no longer close the progam. I have to restart in order for 4.5.1 to disappear from my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnect the Reader and start Digital Edition with right Click and run as Admin. Then connect again and try to move a eBook to the Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As before I am able to move the ebook to 4.5.1 but 4.5.1 freezes up and I am unable to access the reader and I cannot  shut down the application without a restart or shut down of the computer. When I open up the application without the reader connected I am able to access the commands on the screen, but once I upload the ebook everything freezes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try if its works when you start its with run ad admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It changed nothing. I was able to upload an ebook but then the application froze, the application showed that there was a reader connected but unable to look at the reader's contents. Only way to exit the application 4.5.1 was to force a restart or shutdown, none of the commands on the screen functioned. The reader was not updated with the ebook either.

Mike42

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case try if work with older version. http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded ADE Version 3.0. I opened the application as administrator, and once 3.0 opened and I connected a Kobo reader the reader is showing as being connected but I cannot access the contents of the reader. This version is acting exactly as version 4.5.1, it freezes up, although when I used the Esc button I was able to close the application, but nothing has been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can send you a pdf file as I ran the windows program compatiblity troubleshooter and issue found DigitalEditions is incompatible. Steps to fix the incompatible program. Compatiblity Modes applied: User verification: Fix didn't work. I am running Windows Version: 10.0, Architecture x64.

I noticed that ADE versions run x32. Does that have affect on the compatibility? Microsoft used Compatibility Troubleshoter version 1.5

Mike42

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its exist only 32-Bit version. This work also under 64 Bit. Do you have boht Version installed on the same device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Digital Editions 3 and 4.5.1 installed and both give a message that they are not working when I try to open them up and attach ereaders. I have tried to connect an old Kobo Reader Model N905C as well as the Kobo Aura H20 Model N250.

As my ADE's worked before Microsoft installed an update of Windows 10 on April 12, 2016 (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458)). Help!

Mike42

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - April 2016 (KB890830)

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3154132)

There were an addition updates on April 12th.

Mike 42

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has you try to set back you system before windows update was installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines