• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not responding, it won't quit, force quit...just freezes

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have a MacBook Pro.  I can't import files like I'm used to.  It imports about 5 out of 300, then stops.  I cancel task, then LR goes in to not responding.  It won't force Quit and when I turn off my laptop, I try again and the process repeats...  I'm so frustrated.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Gibran Lucas ... please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail. Please also provide the information requested below

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the power button until the system turns off. You have other problems with your Mac, it isn't LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. One possibility (out of many) is that the fans in your computer have malfunctioned causing your computer to overheat and crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tammi Kopec wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro.  I can't import files like I'm used to.  It imports about 5 out of 300, then stops.  I cancel task, then LR goes in to not responding.  It won't force Quit and when I turn off my laptop, I try again and the process repeats...  I'm so frustrated.  Please help.

Doesn't sound like a hardware issue necessarily at all to me.

Please give some detail:

Which Lightroom version?

Which OS version?

You are attempting to import from where to where??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook air (mid 2012)

Lightroom CC (2015)

Mac OS 10.10.4

I have the same problem that Lightroom CC won't force quit (even from the Apple Menu)

I was working fine in it for two hours with photos on my hard drive. Then, while still in lightroom on my desktop, I went to edit a photo in my synced iphone folder (iphone was not plugged in) and it just "beach balled" for five minutes so I went to force quit the app. It said "app not responding" so I pressed force quit several times - to no avail...

All other apps were still running fine, even photoshop...

so I had to restart computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I had to restart computer

If you did this a few times, I highly recommend you run disk utility on your hard disk while booted in recovery mode. These lock ups and reboots tend to leave orphaned files and directory structure damage on your hard disk. You should restart the computer and hold down the command and R keys simultaneously until the apple logo appears. You'll get a screen where you can select disk utility. Select your internal hard disk and run "repair disk" on it. It is not unlikely that you'll find a few problems that you should let the disk utility repair. If the computer tells you it can't repair the damage to your disk (which it sounds you might have), you should reboot in single user mode and run "fsck -fy" from the command line. It's described here: Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support and contrary to apple's info fsck fixes more problems than Disk Utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. I've run disk utility. I'll try what jato vdL has suggested ... I'm curious if that worked for you, Tamko?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Windows 8.1, Lightroom 6.1.1, Lenovo y50 i7 cpu, 16 gb memory, 500gb SSD.  All 6 of 7 cpus running at 60 to 30 %. Lightroom running alone, after exporting one JPG file, it semi-froze (I could select other photos but could not edit or even add keywords to them). Clicked X to close window and nothing happens after that except CPUs still cranking.

It doesn't sound like hardware to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Haven't run disk utility yet but the issue started since I have upgraded the Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - Mac lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Yesterday I was importing photos to my macbook pro (mid 2014 retina, OS X 10.10.5) in halftime brake of a basketball game. I was on an assignment and usually I send some pics during the brake. Suddenly after importing the photos Lightroom stops responding. After that it has stopped responding or has worked very very slowly every time I open the app. I was so freaking frustrated! I'm happy that the match wasn't very important so I could send the photos from my old computer when I got home.

But this problem has to be taken care of!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you all are using LR CC 2015.2.1, try reverting to the 2015.1.1 version. There is a nasty bug in the export code in 2015.2.1 that rears its head on mac os X. Not for everybody but for a lot of folks. See instructions here: http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-roll-back-to-lightroom-2015-1-1-or-lightroom-6-1-1/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These people saying it's a hardware problem must not know much about computers. If you're able to use other apps just fine without them crashing and only having trouble with LR it's more likely an app problem instead of a hardware problem. Only in very few instances it may be a hard disk but I wouldn't suspect that unless there's a lack of RAM which forces the computer to use the HD extensively for swap space.

I have no other issues with any other apps and I'm using an SSD and I have plenty of RAM. It's not a hardware issue. There must be something going wrong with LR somewhere. Maybe a PList file, maybe I need to log-off and log back onto Adobe CC. Maybe the app somehow has gotten corrupted and needs to be removed and reinstalled. I haven't gotten that far yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sazor, I suggest you start a new thread describing your issue and providing details... this is an old thread.

Let's deal with the current situation and we don't know yours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I force-quit the app and reinstalled it. So far so good. This only happened during the last update. I'm thinking the update had glitched somewhere either during the download or the installation. I seem to be good to go at the moment.

Afterthought: LR Mobile Sync may also have something to do with it as it warns you whenever it's synching to LR Mobile while you're trying to quit the app. The glitch may exist there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the exact same thing:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Macbook and I am having this problem. I don't think is a hardware issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gibran Lucas ... please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail. Please also provide the information requested below

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are adding your issue to an very old post. Would be far better to create your own. Many members may look at the first line, see how old, and move on.

When you create your post, include the system info as described by dj_paige.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your CPU usage high?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines