• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Mac computers in campus cannot install Flash Player!!

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I received several complains from students said that they can not install Adobe Flash Player Update on Mac computer within campus network.

Here are something I have tried:

1. Download and install Adobe Flash Player on Windows computers, success with both download and installation.

2. Download and install Adobe Flash Player on Mac computers, success to download the package, but failure while installing. I tried on different Mac but it shows same error message. I attached the screenshot below

Does it mean that there are two different servers for Mac and Windows updates downloading ? Why there is no problem on Windows but error on Mac?

What is the Adobe update server address and ports for Mac update? So that I could check on the firewall rules again, even I did it several times. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 5.54.19 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The installers are hosted on a CDN, with too many servers adn IP address to mention.

Please provide the following information to troubleshoot further:

• OS version of impacted systems
  • Is a proxy server in use?
  • Install log files from an impacted system. Please read through the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide all 4 files listed.  Ensure you have the system configured to capture the log files and then run the installer again to ensure the files provided are from the same installation attempt.  Once you have all 4 files, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded the logs but not 'install.log', because there is not content generated in this log during the installation.

Here is the link of log files: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/60d36c53-a8ed-4786-adcf-1e88ed3f3135

When I looked into these logs, I found these message in the log file 'Adobe_ADM.log':

Starting payload download : assetSizeStr : 17675707, assetPath : http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashplayer/pdc/21.0.0.213/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

04/15/16 13:39:51:537 | [ERROR] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext |  |  | 1247465 | Error occurred while getting payload at path:http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashplayer/pdc/21.0.0.213/install_flash_player_osx.dmg error: -1

04/15/16 13:39:51:537 | [WARN] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext |  |  | 1247465 | Error in downloading. Error type : -40, extendedErrorCode : 302, errorCategory : 2, isResumable : 0

It looks the installer failed to get the package, but if I copy the following URL in my browser, it started to download the file 'install_flash_player_osx.dmg'

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashplayer/pdc/21.0.0.213/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

I have the file downloaded successfully, and installed the Flash Player with no trouble.

So, the question now will be, why the installer can not get the package content ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for posting the log files, I'm not sure what the error means and will forward this to the online installer team.

Essentially, the online installer is a stub installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  When using the stub installer, the downloading of the Flash Player payload is failing.  You then downloaded the full installer, which worked.

It's possible the network configuration, or firewall settings, preventing the Flash Player payload from downloading.  Are you using a proxy server?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using a proxy server.

It could be the network configuration, but I need find it out. Does the stub install using a specific port to communicate with the file server beside http port 80 or 443?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have forwarded your question to the licensing team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines