• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to secure a Web App Item user submitted file?

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I heard that Web App items can be put in a secure area to make the form field data secure by default, but that files submitted this way are not secure.

Is this still true and, if so, has anyone come up with a work around?

Chat basically said that the files would need to be manually removed for each web app item submitted and then put in the Media Downloads database and then linked to from there. While that is technically a solution my client will see it as too much trouble.

If memory serves, some in the past have suggested using the CRM system and regular Web Forms. Is this a secure way to have users submit files and then stored somewhere that would be secure?

Anyway, I know this has been a long running sore spot for many partners and I'm hoping by now there's some sort of solution. Guess I don't understand why Adobe can't allow us a way to simply indicate a folder as secure like you can on other servers.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only viable solution now is the media downloads one you have been suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Liam. I see you've recommended that approach before (Re: Client Specific Literature ). I'll need to look more in depth into cases and how to output them.

I'm still mystified as to why Adobe hasn't addressed doing this will Web Apps since it was requested years ago and still is. Would be nice if the ABC team would chime in as to why. Seems like a solution (for more than just Web Apps) would be to add some controls in the Site Settings area so we can make specific folders secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines