• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

13.6.1 - After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {stuff not in the right sortdir}

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started getting this error message every time I quit After Effects (I updated to 13.6.1 today and I'm still getting it, I started getting it on the previous update). I have to dismiss several instances of the error message every time.

The projects re-open no problem and everything seems to be fine.

It just happened on a project that has a single comp consisting of a psd as a guide layer, a video layer with Keylight, levels, and hue and saturation effects applied, and a looping background later. No exotic effects or anything.

Anyone else getting this? Any idea what the cause and/or solution is?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

El Capitan 10.11.2

Thanks

-Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started to get that message upon quitting too. AE CC2015 is up to date.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

El Capitan 10.11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - I get this too - high spec 5K imac, El Capitan

"After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {stuff not in the right sortdir}"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it too:

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {stuff not in the right sortdir}

osx 10.10.4

AE  13.7.0.124

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's certainly odd. I wonder what AE isn't doing that it thinks it should be...

chrisrush wrote:

osx 10.10.4

You should consider updating. Apple fixed some bugs in 10.10.5 that affected AE. (It's likely unrelated to this, but this should help prevent some crashes. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a slight variation - I got this with BAG rather than sortDir and had to hit the alert modal 8 times before it finally went away.

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {stuff not in the right bag}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually getting both of those errors now when I quit. Is anyone doing super memory intensive tasks? I can't say for sure if this is why, but it only started after I started running keys in Primatte on 6K .R3D files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - just run of the mill 1080, low bpc motion with MOVs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this again:

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {stuff not in the right sortdir}

I click OK for 13 times, the alert won't go away till on the 13th time I get this:

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {stuff not in the right bag}

Then I get to click that alert for 13 times before it finally goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting exact same error message upon quitting - after having issues with video windows flashing the image and not able to display correctly.  I am using Primatte Keyer and Key Light on 1080p footage.  I've empty cache and purged all memory, restarted system multiple times.

Happens every time.  End up having to 'Force Quit' to get message to go away!   Only been happening since I updated to AE 2015 - working on newest MacPro with 32G memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.... I was having the issue when I was also keying footage, though mine was 6k .r3d files resized to a 1080 comp. I also had the blinking screen (still do, actually). While I don't have a total fix for you, check out this thread here that I started about the issue:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2086308?sr=inbox&ru=4717526

The only way around it for me was to install CC2014 - wasn't an issue there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this message. I'm not doing any keylight or chroma key effects. Mostly motion graphics. I'm using PNG files from photoshop. I'm on windows. I hope that info rules out some questions above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same story here!! Windows 10, Ae latest update 13.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

MacPro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Win 10, everything updated.  Once again, AE is bug riddled mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Everytime I quit AE...

OSX iMac Highspec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm either getting the stuff not in the right sortdir or stuff not in the right bag or both.  We have 3 computers running AE here and all computers are getting this error when the program quits. After having an error restricting RAM preview.

Anyone found the solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening to me and just updated to 13.7.2.3.   I sent a bug report in February to Adobe.  Not sure why they haven't responded yet- seems more and more of us are having this issue. 

I'm getting restricted RAM previews (or no video image at all) no matter if I have plugins in the comp or not. I ruled out my G-RAID by working on projects whose footage lives only on my main harddrive.   I've purged the 'cache',  restarted the app, restarted the Mac - nothing works. 

I'm using an Intuos Wacom tablet and I'm having issues with the pen in AE only. Not sure if it's related - is anyone else using a tablet?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here..

same project created two years ago but this message only appears after the last update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here!!

Using Kelight on 1080p footage.

MacPro (late 2013)

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

El Capitan 10.11.4

Anyone found an answer to this yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I downloaded Keylight directly from The Foundry, deleted the plugin that comes with AE, installed the new one and it stopped.

Hope it works for all.

Cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - I might try this as I do a lot if key light stuff...however I saw at least one poster saying they got this when not using keylight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I've just finished a project and had to literally spam the OK button. Got "not in the right sortdir" at first, then "not in the right bag.

Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.

This started for me about two weeks or a month ago. Hard to say with so little sleep and no logs.

Happens intermittently on close. Not triggered consistently by any particular file or project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have also been seeing this for a few months. Always seems to be on large projects involving psd files as some of the source material.

Most recently, the 'stuff not in the right sortdir' has become 'stuff not in the right bag'

Adobe - could we have a response on this please?

OSX 10.11.4

5K Retina iMac

4Ghz quad core i7

32Gb Ram (8xDDR3)

AMD Radeon R9 M395X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines