Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions – Anonymous Activation

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
my problem is described at this link (Adobe Digital Editions – Anonymous Activation ) BUT I can't solve it anyway...

The key sentence at this link is "If I have activated ADE without an ID, is there a way to activate with an Adobe ID and continue reading books fulfilled using the anonymous account, and also move the books to other devices? The answer is YES, but there is a catch. You can achieve it, by creating a new Adobe ID and activate ADE again directly without de-authorizing the existing anonymous account. "

What I did, instead?

I installed Adobe Digital Editions to download an ebook (from an ".acsm" file that I purchased); after installation ADE asked to me an AdobeID... well, that was my first ebook and I decided to use an ANONYMOUS ACTIVATION.

After download, my ".epub" file was longer that legible on my PC, but to read it on my ebook reader (SONY PRS-T1) I needed an AdobeID.
So I made an account on Adobe site and I went back on ADE but here's my error: I DE-AUTHORIZED THE EXISTING ANONYMOUS ACCOUNT, and tried to log with my fantastic new AdobeID.

But nothing... I made many attempts to re-authorized in anonymous mode, to use a second AdobeID and so on...but now I can't read my ".epub" file because "Document is licensed for a different user account"

What can I do?
Please help me: I have a book I've never read...

I apologyze for my foreign english and I hope I've explained myself well

Federica

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open/download a eBook before you authorize Digital Edition its can read only on this device and no transfer to other device. Only help is ask your reader for a new file which you can linked right with your Adobe ID. (Authoirze Digital Edition before you download again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao Federica,

the problem was fixed with Adobe Digital Editions Version 4.5.

You need to go to Help -> Erase Authorisation and then re-authorise it with your Adobe Digital ID again.

Best regards,

Roberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to open an ebook I booked from a library. The problem is that I download it and opened it in Adobe Digital Ed. without indicating an ID. Now I can't give the ebook back, and I get this error all the time: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.

It doesn't work, even if I erase authorisation and re-autorise with the library ID before downloading the file again. The same error appears.

Could you help me with this?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Elisa,

this issue has to be fixed by your book provider (not by Adobe).

The error shows that the book has been already downloaded with another account or without an ID.

You need to contact the customer support of the book provider and ask for a new "token". What they need to do is to reset the license of the books that you have downloaded without an ID and assign to the download link a new ACSM file.

It worked for me.

Cheers,

Roberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines