• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keeps giving error message when I try to transfer library book to kobo.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed and uninstalled both ADE 4.5 and ADE 3.1 and re installed ADE 3.1. When I try to put my downloaded library book into my e reader it says error. Help! I don't know what I am doing wrong and although I love my e reader the idea was to get e books from the library and I can't do that. My husband is fed up of me trying after literally hours of attempting to do it. Help me please!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which error message you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get this one: error getting license. License Server Communication Problem; E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error message when I try to transfer a library book to my kobo: error getting license. License Server Communication Problem; E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.
    Press WINDOWS + R.
    In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
    In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
    Remove the Adept Folder.
    In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
    Close the Registry Editor.
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.
    Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
    If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the file: activation.dat from  /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions some time ago and have been unable to download books since. Themissing file seems to have created many more problems but I don't know how to get it back. This is very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Halleleuia! I tried again. This finally worked for me and I have two boys downloaded. The others won't come because they were reauthorized before but i now have something new to try. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines