• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 crashes

Explorer ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost every time I try batch generating 2 single source layouts, RH crashes. Sometimes while generating the first, and sometimes while generating the 2nd.
RH also crashes quite frequently when saving, changing the name of a TOC entry, changing a variable etc...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

All updating issues have been solved since upgrading to RH9

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackie.

Is your project located on a network drive? If so, move it off to a hard drive never to return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2008 May 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is on the local drive.

Thanks,
Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2008 May 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening one of the sample projects and seeing if you get the same crashing there, or create a new project with some test topics.

Any error messages?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happens in this specfic project.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renamed CPD, as per your solution for a different problem I was having, and problem solved.

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution was only very temporary.

Robohelp still crashes while "Updating the files", right at the beginning of the compilation. This happens when generating a single file, too, and not only when batch generating, as I thought at first.

Thanks,
Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never have used batch generating, so I just tried it.

It's not much of a benefit. It saves you the trouble of generating the outputs separately, yes, but all it is doing is running the layouts one at a time.

Since it updates files in each instance, you should look at the layout that's running when it crashes. Does it generate OK by itself? If you select a different set of layouts to batch generate, what happens?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey,

It crashes when I generate a single layout as well. It always crashes in the same place, right at the beginning.

The first stage is "copying files" and that is okay, but the next stage, "updating files" causes it to crash.

Thanks,
Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jackie,

We need to know which version of RH you're using.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey

Just speculating here. But since the thread is titled RH7 CRASHES, I might assume version 7?

Or were you instead referring to the RoboFlavor? (RoboHelp for Word VS RoboHelp HTML) or possibly wondering if any patches had been applied?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey,

RoboHelp 7 HTML.

The project was built in RHx5, then converted to RH6, and everything was fine. Problems only started in RH7.

Thanks,
Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Oh, it was in the title? I've been having some senior moments lately.

In fact, I've kicked off the process for retiring as of 9/1. But not because I can't remember a title after a thread gets going.

Cheers,

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a copy of the project and trash half the topics. Does the problem still occur? Repeat until it stops. That should give you a clue as to what is causing the crash.

I am assuming that the project is on you hard disk and you are generating to your hard disk.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, welcome back!

Or are you still on board, taking a break from the round-the-clock buffet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Leon. Please do not use obscene words like "food" on the forum. I don't want to see any for several days. :-)

And we took it easy (ish!). Some folks were having dinner in the restaurant and within an hour or two could be found in the buffet eating another meal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you would know this how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All updating issues have been solved since upgrading to RH9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp