• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital editions constantly re-installs itself when i attempt to download an ebook on windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I have used adobe digital editions regularly in the past on my old laptop, however after this machine failed my new laptop has windows 10, I have installed adobe digital editions, but whenever I use Overdrive to download a new eBook from my local library, as soon as I instruct it to open in ADE it instead uninstalls, then re-installs ADE, finally opening without the e-book (though the book downloads to my downloads folder). If I instead attempt to access the book using the file>add to library command, I get the E_LIC not fulfilled error, though all my authorisations are correct. can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you open the eBook in a other browser before you open it in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other program, only digital editions. Even more confusingly I have now managed to download one book, but although i thought it meant the problem was fixed it re-occurred immediately after downloading the one book successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get the error that fulfilled by another User when the eBook are linked with a other Adobe ID.

Often its happens when you open/download a eBook before you authorize Digital Edition. Then

authorize and can the eBook no longer read. But you say that you get the error by a new ebook its right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we never get that far- as soon as we download any book digital editions uninstalls then reinstalls itself, so it is never able to be authorised when the book is downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I not right understand your answer. You get the error since the first open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines