• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Lightroom 5.7.1 to Lightroom 6 standalone?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you upgrade Standalone Lightroom 5.7.1 to Lightroom 6?  I keep being sent to the CC and all it gives me is a "Trial" version good for 30 days. I installed that and it immediately says Trial over.  Is there an upgrade path? I can find no support number or email support for Adobe. Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

If you DO buy the upgrade, once you have your serial # for Lightroom 6, you won't need to re-download it. Just follow the instructions here:  Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Serialize Lightroom CC trial to activate as Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William. You can buy an upgrade to Lightroom 6 (the non-CC version) here:  Products  (Look for 'Photoshop Lightroom 6' towards the bottom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you DO buy the upgrade, once you have your serial # for Lightroom 6, you won't need to re-download it. Just follow the instructions here:  Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Serialize Lightroom CC trial to activate as Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! That was super helpful.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeffrey, I can not see an upgrade on that list? am I just missing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click on 'Buy' next to the Photoshop Lightroom entry and then it will let you select 'Full' or 'Upgrade'.

upgrade.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware Lightroom 6 does not contain all the features of Lightroom CC such as deglaze as I just found out to my cost. This is a really bad way to treat long serving customers who already purchased outright and paid the update fee to get the new features. I couldn't find anywhere where I was warned this would be the case. In that respect it is not very straight up of Adobe to advertise new functionality in the latest versions of Lightroom that just won't be there if you upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where its a clear as mud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, I had Lightroom 5.7 on my cumputer, but after an upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, I was not able to open Lightroom anymore. So I decided to buy Lightroom 6, but all the work made on my pictures using Lightroom 5.7 is not recognized by Lightroom 6. how can I get all the previous work made before on Lightroom 5.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guillermov88751888 ,

I'm in doubt of upgrading after seeing your post, as i'm on 5.7.1 and thinking of going 6.0. Do Adobe solved your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet JImmy, I'll try copying some files to see if that works. will let you know my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines