• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer from ADE to Nook not working

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older Nook.  I bought a new PC 5 months ago.  It uses Windows 10.  I cannot successfully transfer books I've downloaded from my public library to my Nook.  There is a transfer taking place but when I access the book in Documents it shows the author as "Unknown Author".  The title is shown correctly.  When I try to open the book I receive an error message saying the book is unavailable/has been returned.  The book has not been returned.  It's still in ADE where I can open it and read it.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE.  I have unauthorized and re-authorized my Nook.  Neither step solved this problem.  I know the Nook can still accept books correctly because I used my old computer to do this a few days ago.

How do I make my new computer transfer to my Nook correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Digital Editoin you are used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE 4.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if its work with a older version:

http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After trying nearly everything else suggested in this and other forums, reverting to ADE version 3.0 did the trick. I had to manually remove my computer's authorization, of course - instructions for that can be found elsewhere in the Adobe forums, or here:

Adobe Digital Edition Woe - "Error! Check Activation" - How I Fixed It - learnbyblogging.com 

After following those instructions, then opening ADE and re-authorizing my system, files transferred as expected and I was able to access them on my device again. It seems ADE 4.5 wasn't interfacing well with my first-gen Nook. Very happy to be back up and running with Overdrive titles from my local library.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines