Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating demonstration 'script' of clicks for development in multipe languages

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been working with Captivate for a long time. I thought there was a feature that allowed you to save your recording script - like the actual clicks in the software - to quickly record screens in multiple languages. However, I can't find this feature anymore or any record of it. Did I dream it?

I'm now working in Captivate 9.0.

Does anyone have any recollection of this feature and know if it still exists?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be thinking of another software app.  Maybe one of those testing apps like Rational Rose that allow you to record or program a series of interactions to replicate exactly all the steps in a task.

To my knowledge Captivate has never had this ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it definitely was in Captivate but maybe I just 'thought' it could do that. I can't find anything via google searches either. I may install a very old version of CP to see if I can find it. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with that.  I've used every version of Captivate since it was called RoboDemo and I've never seen this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither do I remember. The Advanced Interaction panel will show you all click boxes in the file, but that is certainly not what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources