• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Debugger Not Working

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Flash debugger from adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

I have Flash Builder and cannot run in debug mode. It stops at 57% and then I get an error message in Flash Debugger.

The Flash Builder debugger failed to connect to the running application.

Ensure that:

1. For in-browser applications, you are running the debugger version of Flash Player.

2. For network debugging on a mobile device, you have a reliable network connection to the device, and port 7935 is open on your machine's firewall.

I am using Google Chrome. I cannot get the debugger to work at all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same question.

I don't see installed debugger plugin in about:plugins, so I can't use this Flash Player with Google Chrome

My Chrome v. is 50.0.2661.94

Any ideas?

Zdenek J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using Firefox. I changed the default browser options in the IDE and it rendered the debug to firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a great tutorial in lynda.com making a game with starling and feathers ui. The tutorial walks you through the setup process for flash builder 4.7. Also you must update AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I use Firefox as well.

I tried to guess if is it connected with the end of NPAPI support in Chrome (Plugin-based content doesn't work on Chrome - Chrome Help) or not.

If yes, I think Firefox end support with the end of 2016, so then it will not work either.

I'm I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe so. But we could use Internet Explorer or just render to the virtual ipad or android provided by flash builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with flash builder.  Whenever I try to run/debug a program that was started as an MXML app or flash or action script I get the following message:

C:\Windows\System32\plugins\NPSWF32.dll

Flash Builder cannot locate the required version of Adobe Flash Player. You might need to install the Flash Player or reinstall Flash Builder.

and

C:\Windows\System32\plugins\NPSWF32.dll

Flash Builder cannot locate the required version of Adobe Flash Player. You might need to install the Flash Player or reinstall Flash Builder.

Do you want to try to run your application with the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

0down vote

Updated fix -- Download and install the Active-X flash player debugger first. Test in Flashbuilder by setting your default browser to IE. Then, download the Opera and Chromium debugger and install. Now the Flashbuilder debugger should work with Chrome, also. I discovered this by accident but I have tried it on two separate installs of FlashBuilder 4.6 and the debugger works in Chrome and IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines