Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will RoboHelp 2016 be released?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We would like to know when RoboHelp 2016 will be released.  Because we need to plan the budget for this year.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not publish future release dates so we only have past performance to go on. I think the quickest new version release was about twelve months so you should be OK for this year but that is only a guess, it's your call.

Why not think about the subscription option. For regular upgraders I think you will find it makes sense.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge wrote:

Adobe do not publish future release dates so we only have past performance to go on. I think the quickest new version release was about twelve months so you should be OK for this year [...deleted]

I don't understand what you mean.  You mean the new version will probably be released in 12 months?  Then it wouldn't be RoboHelp 2016 but 2017!

Why not think about the subscription option. For regular upgraders I think you will find it makes sense.

We don't follow and use every version.  So subscription is not financially advantageous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that my personal opinion is that it will be next year rather than this year. There is no commitment to an annual release or indeed any other time period. We only have past experience to go on.

Even if you don't follow each release, it could still pay off as the upgrade price is higher if you have skipped a version. All I am saying is do the arithmetic to decide what is best. Keep in mind that if you skip two versions, there is no upgrade price.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge wrote:

I mean that my personal opinion is that it will be next year rather than this year. There is no commitment to an annual release or indeed any other time period. We only have past experience to go on.

I see.

I found many mentions on RH 2016.  That's why I thought it's some coming.  OK, thanks.

Even if you don't follow each release, it could still pay off as the upgrade price is higher if you have skipped a version. All I am saying is do the arithmetic to decide what is best. Keep in mind that if you skip two versions, there is no upgrade price.

I did do the math.  It's not "paying off" as you stated.  All depends on how you skip the version.  But this is off-topic.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old topic, but I was hoping to know if there's an update to this?  In February 2016 my company purchased RH 2015 with the upgrade option, but it's now nearing a year and there's no upgrade released.  I'm thus wondering if it's worth buying ANOTHER upgrade option when there's no realistic date for 2016/2017 to be released.

Even a blind indication would be a great help, as it can save/waste a few bucks and the call to purchase/leave is up to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one knows when the next version will appear, but are you asking if it's worth buying another copy of RH2015? Because whatever the next version will be called, your upgrade will still work for it from your existing RH2015 licenses. The previous poster's point was that if you let 2 versions get by, then there's no upgrade option available. E.g. if you're on RH10 right now & the current version is RH2015, there's no upgrade option to get to it, but if you have RH11, there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there are upgrade options to 2015 available for versions as far back as RH10, but it gets more expensive the older your version gets.

What I'm bummed about though is that Adobe sold us a Software Assurance package for a year, but nothing's come out in this past year.  I now need to make a call about renewing that assurance for possible new versions, but it's impossible to make that call without information about possible new versions.  Do we buy it again and risk not getting any releases again or do we let it lapse and buy/upgrade to the new version only when it comes out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We do recommend ASA (Software Assurance) as it covers you for future upgrades in a cost effective manner. But it doesn't guarantee an upgrade every year.

Having said that, we assure you that we are steadily working on the next release and you can follow our Blog for related updates.

TechComm Central by Adobe – The place to talk about Technical Communication

Thanks for your patience.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere I've heard talk that Adobe works on something like an 18 month cycle for releases. But having said that, I will say that I'm unaware of anything presently out for beta testing. That's not to say they aren't actively working on whatever next version may be coming. Only that if there is something brewing, it's not yet to the point where folks have been invited to bang on it.

I have also heard that each of the interim service releases pushes the next release further down the track as resources that could have been working on the next major release are involved in creating the service release.

If I were to guess, I'd say we won't see something until well into 2017.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp