welcome to the forum.
you have to install ESTK (ExtendScript Toolkit).
It has to be installed additionally.
Then your debugging should run.
You should not need to install anything extra. Can you provide details on how you are attempting to execute the script? Are you opening it within the ESTK script editor, then running it from there?
I have not seen this error before. I would try this:
- Close all Adobe applications except FM
- Open the script editor (File > Script > New)
- Open the script
- In the toolbar, make sure the target application is Adobe FrameMaker 11 and there is a green chain (link) icon.
- Click the Run button (green arrow)
I don't know if this will get you any further, but it might ensure the proper linkage to FM11.
Klaus, I just saw your reply. I don't remember installing the ESTK. Is it a component in the regular FM installation?
Hi Klaus, thank you for the prompt reply.
Actually ESTK is already installed on my computer (included in the basic install of the TCS 4 in Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Utilities - CS6\ExtendScript Toolkit CS6).
I can launch ExtendScript Toolkit.exe without any problem. It is when I want to run the script (F5) that I get the error message.
the first time I've installed FrameMaker withh ESTK (FM12), I had to select, that I want to install ESTK (as far as I remember).
Maybe it is dependant on the setup routine.
I followed your instructions and get the same error message, but the chain icon never turns green:
1. I select Adobe FrameMaker 11 as target application: the link icon is broken (red),
2. I click on the icon: it turns grey (and the button becomes unavailable, I cannot click on it anymore).
3. After approximately 1 minute doing nothing, the icon turns red again by itself.
I tried to select an other target application in the list: I am first prompted to launch the selected application, and when the application is open, the same scenario occurs.
The icon is green only if I select ExtendScript Toolkit as target application.
- If I run the script while the icon is grey, I immediately get the "Cannot execute script. : Target Adobe FrameMaker 11 provides no engine for debugging" error message.
- If I run the script while the icon is red, it displays "no errors" in the status bar and automatically switches the icon to grey (but does nothing).
If I click again on "run", the same error message appears.