• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off the document cloud possibility in Adobe Acrobat DC?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled the document Cloud services via the Wizard and I have also checked the registry settings FeatureLockdown\cServices.

Still we have the possibility to "Store and share files in the Document Cloud - Learn more" in the bottom right corner in the pdf document.  I need to remove this function since our company does not allow the cloud.

Thank you for your help!

Cecilia

TOPICS
How to , Manage files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cecelia,

Have you tried deleting "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat DC" in the General preferences? If not, please give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have tried that and it does not remove the connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sara,

I dont see an answer to this question, and seeing how I have the same one, I would like an answer. So, could you either answer the question, or forward this to someone on your team who knows the answer. thanks in advance.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is a regular guy supposed to use this wizard? I just want an option in DC to turn this OFF. I've made changes to a starred file and discovered that my changes are not reflected in the document on my computer, only in the cloud version, so now I have a more complicated life to use a "FREE" version of Acrobat Reader. I don't want your stinkin cloud. I want my own files on my own machine and I don't want to !@#$ around with registry keys to fix this.

The fact that saving to the cloud is a default is more evidence that ADOBE is just greedy and only cares about their bottom line. ADOBE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a picture of the link to the function. At the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too and it is so annoying. I work with tons of PDF documents and that pane shows up on the right hand side every time I open any PDF file. It takes one click to remove it, but there must be an option to disable that feature all together. Help anyone??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue and it's making me regret upgrading to the newest version of Reader. Every time I open a PDF it isn't just there it's a time delayed pop up right where I receive notifications of an incoming email, it makes it very difficult to both ignore the "Store and share files in the Document Cloud" pop up and pay attention to incoming emails.

Please fix this !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? We also do not allow saving to the cloud in our company and I am testing a rollout to 150 computers and need to have this disabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question/issue. Can we please find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the answer is part of this topic:

New Adobe Reader DC disable document cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources