• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use video from my Android in Captivate 8?

Engaged ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use video I took on my Android to incorporate it into my Captivate 8 files? I am pretty sure the answer is yes. I would have to make a path go to the correctly directory where the video is saved, correct? Until then I can have it read off my hard drive?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Even if the format of the video is already MP4, I would suggest you re-encode it with the Adobe Media Encoder app that comes with Captivate because this seems to improve the compatibility of videos with Captivate.

For your eventual end users, your video will need to be delivered from a web server.  Whether you will get it to run from your local hard drive will depend on a number of factors.  You may find that it will not work due to some browser security issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the format of the video is already MP4, I would suggest you re-encode it with the Adobe Media Encoder app that comes with Captivate because this seems to improve the compatibility of videos with Captivate.

For your eventual end users, your video will need to be delivered from a web server.  Whether you will get it to run from your local hard drive will depend on a number of factors.  You may find that it will not work due to some browser security issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RodWard. I did find the Adobe media Encoder app that came with the Adobe Cloud. So this app looks basically like a converter tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see I have two versions of the Adobe Media  Encoder. One is labeled Adobe Media Encoder CS6 and one is Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015. My guess is one came with Captivate and one came with the Adobe Cloud. I am guessing the Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015 is the latest edition so I will use that version. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I would do. CC 2015 is the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 comes with Captivate because the last version of AME (CC2015) has no longer flv-format on board, which is still used in Captivate for SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources