Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 - Most Images Missing in Word 2003 Output

May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why my images would stop being displayed 100 pages into a 500-page Word 2003 document? Instead of images (after this point), all I see are tiny green squares. This is after waiting for images to load and formatting the document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly not enough RAM. Instead of using the embed option, use the Link to Images option. Then see Print Issues on my site to convert back to Embedded images in Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I came across this fix, but when I selected the link to document option, RH7 froze during the "Generating Printed Documentation" process. I can't get it to cancel now. Strange.

1. Create the document in RoboHelp and choose the "Link to Document" check box.
2. In Word click Edit | Links.
3. In the dialog select all the files.
4. Tick the "Save pictures in Document" check box.
5. Click OK.

This problem is fixed in Adobe RH7 with update 7.01.001 applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you cannot close RH or you cannot change the option?

There was a bug that caused a similar problem. This can also occur if you don't have enough RAM.

I have seen the solution for the bug work where RAM was the issue. It may be that when the bug was found, RAM was the cause.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. I couldn't close the application, so I had to force a close in Task Manager. I noticed (after ending the process) that new files where added to project root folder (*.trb, *.trf, *.trglol, *.trdxl, *.trk, *.trl, *.trs, *.trt, *.trtod, *.trv). Any idea what these are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen or heard of those, and with the couple I tried, neither has Google!

Have you tried opening one in Notepad for clues?

Your first post refers to green squares, usually they are red.

Try creating a new layout?

Also try creating a printed output from one of the supplied projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have we determined whether this poster is working on a network (which is a very scary thing)?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp