• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash will not install -initialization error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and am using IE 11.  All of a sudden my flash player is gone.  I tried to install but keep getting an error that it will not initialize.  I checked and it is enabled.  I just keep following your guidelines and going around in circles.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Thanks for everyone’s help. In the end all I had to do was turn off my Active X filtering.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I did all those things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've only heard of the initialization error when using the online (stub) installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  I've not heard of anyone getting an initialization error when using the offline(full) installer downloaded from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier .  To proceed with troubleshooting, please verify which installer you are using.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone’s help. In the end all I had to do was turn off my Active X filtering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hinancyj44 ,

Thanks for replying that everything is working now.  Initialization errors usually occur when launching the installer, not when attempting to view content.  I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue and Flash content is now displaying.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines