• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get a link to a Mac Offline installer? I found it for older versions, but I get the gray screen of death saying it is out of date. The normal installation process does not work on my macbook.

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it for older versions, but I get the gray screen of death saying it is out of date and cannot play any videos for my university. The normal installation process does not work on my macbook, I have tried all the tricks and tips that everyone recommends. It gets to 52% and fails every time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The offline standalone installer is available at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac in the 'Still having problems' section.

I would like to get some log files from you to determine why the installation is failing at 52%.  Could you please read through the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ and provide all four (4) files listed:  FlashPlayerInstallManager.log (located in the User's Library/Logs directory), install.log file, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log.  Please upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com using the How to share a document instructions.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Also, what OS X version do you have?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my first problem in the process is, I placed the marker as specified in the install.log section within console and nothing populated the lines below.

I did notice when I ran the installation, a second adobe flash icon opened in my tray around 50% then closed down quickly and the installation failed. Should I continue to try and get the other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the files I could gather. Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you. I do see an error in the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file and have forwarded this to the installer engineer.

What OS X version is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OSX 10.11.2 or 3 i think. I had actually just now installed an update,so now I am 10.11.4, but usually I have been very timely with updating. I will admit this has been an issue with Yosemite and El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply on this.  Please try using the offline (full) installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac  page in the 'Still having problems' section?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines