Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to export to media encoder AE CS6

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

In After effects I have no option to "Add to media encoder queue" or Export>Media>Add to media encoder queue options.

Any ideas

Thanks

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that option was added in more recent versions of AE. You should be able to import your AE composition in the Adobe Media Encoder though (pulling it in vs. pushing it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for the benefit of future-forum-viewers, don't look in the export section, the command is Composition > Add To Adobe Media Encoder Queue.

The fastest way to create videos using Adobe Media Encoder with After Effects is to use the After Effects render queue to export a losslessly encoded master file (e.g., using the PNG video codec in a QuickTime .mov container file) to a watch folder that Adobe Media Encoder monitors. You can assign encoding presets to a watch folder in Adobe Media Encoder so that it automatically encodes using whichever settings you have specified. One advantage of using this method is that it uses After Effects performance features for rendering (such as GPU acceleration and multiprocessing where applicable) and Adobe Media Encoder performance features for encoding (such as parallel encoding). The disadvantage of using this method is that it occupies the main After Effects application for the entire rendering operation, during which time you can’t use After Effects for anything else.

I can understand wanting to use the Adobe Media Encoder directly though. That would have the advantage of allowing you to continue working in After Effects while the rendering and encoding takes place, since the rendering is performed by a background instance of After Effects. The rendering phase may be slower in some cases, compared with using the After Effects render queue, because the headless version of After Effects rendering in the background does not have access to GPU acceleration and multiprocessing features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I need a clarification, then.   I've been researching for the AME too.   What I came to the conclusion was that it was not in CS6, initially.   I bought CS6 recently -it's version 11.0.0.378.

It was driving me crazy because all the tutorials start with the AME already open.  Not sure how everyone seems to  overlook that important little step of where you find the dropdown.. 

So more research and it looks like you have to download the encoder.   I downloaded AdobeMediaEncoderTrial_64-6.0.3-mul-AdobeUpdate first, and I THINK I installed it.   But I don't see the encoder in AE.  Do I have to open and reopen?  Is that only an update and not the whole encoder?  Is there another file I needed to download and install first?  It just seems like there's no connection from A to B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, there wasn't an option in CS6 to send your composition to AME from After Effects; that was added in one of the CC versions (I forget which one). In CS6, you have to open AME and import your AE composition from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that - still don't know how to open it.   Is that a stand alone program?   No one ever actually says HOW - all the tutorials already start with AME open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a standalone program. It gets installed when you install After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just haven't looked for Adobe Media Encoder, so get busy!  Go to the place where all your applications are found.  Go down the list until find Adobe Media Encoder.  Open it.  Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I had to download it, because it wasn't in my File dropdown within CS6.   (It wasn't under the Composition dropdown, either).   When I did unpack it, It didn't give me an option to create a shortcut, but after your post, I looked under Start>Programs and there it was.  So, I'm not sure if it was there all along, or, as I suspect, I had to got to the Downloads page and get the most recent version (which is 2012) and install it.   After I clicked the app, both CS6 and the encoder opened.  Now I just need to make a shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also wondering for it, visited this forum and found. Its there at bottom. Thank you sir 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My first Guru lesson here shows how to add comps to the render queue in CS6

https://mamoworld.com/after-effects-beginner-tutorials

When Media Encoder is not in the Ae menu, you need to open Media Encoder (standalone app) and add the comp to it. This is exactly what is shown in the tutorial at about 29 minutes:

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines