Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing recorded demonstration into presentation

May 20, 2008 May 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate and we are working on a course for a client that demonstrates software functionality. We recorded demonstrations of the software on-site using Captivate 3 and I am now trying to insert those in a course.

I am having difficulty figuring out the best way to do this. When I simply insert the slides, they function correctly; however, I can't set up my course background as I need. I've tried publishing the demonstration slides to swf and inserting as animations, but they are choppy at best - even tried the work-around i've read about in the forums and it doesn't work for this either.

Is there an easy way to do this that I am missing? Inserting the slides was easy, but they already have part of the software image set as a background image so I am unable to get the course look and feel on these slides...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,
It sounds like you are not understanding the use of Captivate. Or just as likely, I do not understand your description of your use. Can you share the project file with me? If so, click this link to upload your CP file . Do NOT send me your published output file ... I need to see the *.CP (source) file in order to understand you.

What is at issue is what you mean by inserting your Captivate content into a "course". Normally, Captivate IS the course, so if the problem is inserting Captivate output files into some other program, don't bother with the file ... you need to contact the support folks for that other software application.

Hope this makes sense to you. If you send me your file, you will find a "Description" blank on the Uploader ... be sure to fill that out completely, describing your problem and objective, before uploading the CP file to me. Also fill in the email address blank so I can get back to you.

~thanks
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Captivate is the course, not an outside program. I have several recorded steps that were recorded as individual captivate presentations and I'm trying to combine them into one 'course' that looks seemless with the other slides of the course which contain a background to the slide and maybe a still image and some text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah Hah!!! I apologize for the density issue - always was a slow learner.

What you need (in my humble opinion) is the SWF insert placed in a slidelet on the main project. Would that work for you??

~best
Larry
P.S. If you have not used slidelets before, their description and usage is in the HELP files (go to the Index and type "slidelet"). I think you will find them a handy little tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a plan. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You are quite welcome - glad to have been of some help, Melissa.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources