• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with latest Flash Player version when replaying videos

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an older version of JWplayer "5.10.2295" in a lot of sites and it was working fine so far. Since the latest version of Flash Player came out the videos can't be played a second time on any browser on Windows. It is working fine for me on Mac - quickly tested in Firefox (Nightly) and Safari (latest stable).

Reverting to an older version showed that everything was working fine before. I tried the latest 13 and 14 from Archived Flash Player versions

Has this kind of issue been reported already? Any change in the upcoming beta that might fix this?

Thanks,

Albert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

This has been bugging me because it was so weird.  I figured it had to be a real issue. 

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong when trying to reproduce this.  The bug is actually related to seeking.  If you let the video play through to the end, you won't hit this bug.

I filed this bug on your behalf and forwarded it over to the engineering team:

Bug#3835572 - [Injection] JWPlayer - If you seek during playback, the video will not play a second time

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first I'm hearing about it.  Can you send me a link that reproduces the issue?  You're welcome to PM me if you don't want to post a public link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go: http://staging.elasticdigital.com/ElasticDigital/front-end/testcases/flash-player-15/

- found the issues in all tested browser on Windows

- working on Mac OS: tested FF, Chrome, Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked one of my senior people to look at this, and we're unable to reproduce it based on the link you provided; however, we noticed that the JWPlayer version being used is different than the version listed in the HTML description on the page.  I confirmed his results on my machine, and I'm also unable to reproduce the issue.

PASS: FP 15.0.0.183 in IE10 on Win7 x86

PASS: FP 15.0.0.183 in IE11, Firefox 32.0.3, Chrome 37.0.2062.124 on Win7 x64 and Win8.1 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen of the DOM of the site where it says the version is "5.10.2295".

I am currently on

- FP 15.0.0.167 (ActiveX)

- FP 15.0.0.152 (NPAPI)

jwplayer_version.png

Would you mind testing with those versions again?

I will give FP 15.0.0.183 in the meantime a go.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right-click on the JWPlayer, it shows a different value in the context menu.  That might be the source of confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, was just about to update my previous comment:

I also made a quick screen cast of the issue and saw that it says version 5.9.2156 in the context menu. Don't know where the difference in version numbers comes from, but it wasn't a problem so far.

http://staging.elasticdigital.com/ElasticDigital/front-end/testcases/flash-player-15/jwplayer-test.m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled FP following the steps on Uninstall Flash Player | Windows and installed 'flashplayer15_install_win_pi/ax/ppapi.exe' from Download Adobe Flash Player 15 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs instead. The 'Flash Player information' showed 15.0.0.183, but I still have the same issue. I also ran more tests multiple times on colleges' computers and the results are rather inconsistent:

Tested on my machine (all Win7 SP1 x86)

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.183 in Firefox 32.0

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.183 in Firefox 33.0 (beta)

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.183 in Firefox 34.0a2 (2014-10-01)

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.183 in IE 11.0.9600.17280

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.183 in Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m

Tested on machine 2 (all Win7 SP1 x86)

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.152 in Firefox 32.0

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.167 in IE 11.0.9600.17280

PASS: FP 15.0.0.152 in Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m

Tested on machine 3 (all Win7 SP1 32)

PASS: FP 15.0.0.152 in Firefox 32.0

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.167 in IE 11.0.9600.17280

PASS: FP 15.0.0.152 in Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m

Tested on machine 4 (all Win7 SP1 x86)

FAILED: FP 15.0.0.152 in Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m

Tested on machine 5 (all Win8.1 x86)

PASS: FP 15.0.0.167 in IE10 on VirtualBox - Win7 32 (from modern.ie)

PASS: FP 15.0.0.167 in IE9 on VirtualBox - Win7 32 (from modern.ie)

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, still not seeing this problem reproduce.

What happens when you disable hardware acceleration?  (Right Click on the SWF, Click the left-most tab, uncheck Use Hardware Acceleration)  There's a interesting pattern of where it does and doesn't work (it's kind of all over the place), and I'm thinking that where it is working in Chrome might be because Chrome is more aggressive about blacklisting some older GPUs.

Any chance this is related to cookies or something?  You might try clearing the cache and cookies on the stuck machine with the latest Flash version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, any third-party stuff that might be in play?  Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware?  Software Firewall?  AdBlock/Ghostery/Privacy Badger/etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, checked.

Did you see that I tested on five different computers and two VMs? Chrome passed on two of them, but failed on two others, etc.

I turned off Hardware Acceleration on my machine and tested again in IE11, Chrome and Firefox (beta and aurora), but nothing changed. Interestingly when I changed my profile in Firefox Aurora or Beta to one which has the same addons installed as my standard profile for beta it first worked in both. After closing and opening the browser with this profile a couple of times it stopped working at one point. Chrome and IE are still failing ...

I cleared: cookies, browser cache, FP site data and setting per test. I switched of AV ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to figure out how to reproduce your symptoms.  As they're not common or widespread, my guess is that there's a common denominator.  If I can figure out what it is, I can try and reproduce it.

Since the issue spans multiple machines and browsers (many of which have independent versions of Flash Player), I'm thinking it's a third-party application in play.  If you have the same AV product or plug-ins installed across all the machines, it would be interesting to get a specific list of those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. I wasn't able to find the mutuality for the issue on the systems/browser combinations I ran the tests on either ... yet. If I stumble upon something I will post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bugging me because it was so weird.  I figured it had to be a real issue. 

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong when trying to reproduce this.  The bug is actually related to seeking.  If you let the video play through to the end, you won't hit this bug.

I filed this bug on your behalf and forwarded it over to the engineering team:

Bug#3835572 - [Injection] JWPlayer - If you seek during playback, the video will not play a second t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We love Jeremy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks for looking into it again and filing the bug Jeremy

You made my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having this issue in the current version of the flash player 21.0.0.213

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines