• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Flash Player Active X 13.0.0.206

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the integration of Flash Player into Internet Explorer and Chrome, we no longer need the stand alone Flash Player versions installed. I am able to uninstall the Plugin version, but the Active X version will not uninstall. I get a message saying that the version I am trying to install is an earlier version. I have tried the Uninstaller with no success.

Is there a more in depth version of the Uninstaller that will work on version 13.0.0.206?

Are there instructions I can follow to manually uninstall?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what operating system is this on?

We only have one uninstaller for all non-embedded versions of Flash Player.  Since the embedded versions of embedded into the browser by the browser vendor the uninstaller does not uninstall those versions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on Windows 8.1

I think this version was installed when the PCs were still on Windows 7 in 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Win 8.1 does not allow uninstalling the Activex Flash Player. It is embedded within the Internet explorer. To get the latest Activex Flash Player upgrade your Windows.

Thanks,

Ridhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that the Active X Flash Player is embedded in Internet Explorer. When I check the version of flash player installed on these PCs it says: "You have version 21,0,0,213 installed" as it should.

However, in the Control Panel, and in my software monitoring software, it says that version 13.0.0.206 is installed as well. In fact, both the Plugin and the ActiveX standalone versions of 13.0.0.206 were installed. The Plugin version was removable through Add/Remove Programs and the Active X version is not.

When I attempt to uninstall the 13.0.0.206 version of the ActiveX flash player I receive an error message saying that the version I am trying to install is an earlier version than the currently installed one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run Windows updates, that is the only way to properly update your flash player.

Also, depending on if you are on 32 or 64 bit system, there is another way to tell which version you have installed. I will start with 32 bit systems, and the process is the same for 64 bit, just the files you need to check are in a different location

1) browse to the following location: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

2) Right Click on the file called Flash.ocx

3) Choose details, and look at File version, that is the version that is really installed. IF things show differently, then you could try scanning your system disc for errors, or try a registry cleaner, I do know that these values are stored in the registry as well, which is what some programs use to see what version you have.

For 64 bit systems the path is: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Below is a screenshot of what you should see. BTW you might need to turn on hidden files, view protected operating system files and files extensions to see this stuff. Google it!

I also want to note it shows Flash Version 18.0.0.203 in the registry for me but my file versions are what I go by, this must be some kind of Microsoft blunder.

Since I am on Windows 10 , I know there are similarities with 8.x so I am guessing something similar is happening. I do not show it in the control panel though. I just checked my work machine which was just installed from scratch earlier this week off the ISO, it shows the same thing. I just go by the file version because that is what you are using. I cannot explain this in all honesty.

Hopefully something helps

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

At this point it appears ActiveX version 13 is an orphaned entry in your system.  As the version widget indicates you do have the latest version installed.  I will inquire about what the best possible way is to remove this orphaned entry.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I await your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any success on finding a way to remove these orphans?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Actually to clarify, is it just the Flash Player ActiveX Control 13.0.0.206 entry that remains in the Control Panel, or are the ActiveX Control 13.0.0.206 files in the C:\Widows\System32\Macromed\Flash (and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash if 64-bit OS) directory as well?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in the files. Just in the registry and Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I apologize. This appears to have fallen off the radar.  I have followed up with Microsoft again.  Awaiting a reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up again. Waiting for reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get a solution for this orphan problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines