Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player download problems.

Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have xp I try to download flash player but it  fails about at 50%. Pi-- me off!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Hi,

Unless you have Windows XP Service Pack 3, the online installer won't work due Windows XP Service Pack 2 and below not supporting the latest signing technologies (more information here and here), as such, instead of troubleshooting the download issue, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are 3 different installers for the various supported browsers.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unless you have Windows XP Service Pack 3, the online installer won't work due Windows XP Service Pack 2 and below not supporting the latest signing technologies (more information here and here), as such, instead of troubleshooting the download issue, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are 3 different installers for the various supported browsers.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have XP with SP3 and it still won't install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GURUTUYU ,

Which installer file are you using?  The online installer or the offline installer?

I'll need to get some log files from you to investigate further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? If you are using the online (stub) installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) provide all files listed (FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log.).  If you're using the offline (full) installer, provide only the FlashInstall.log file.  If this is a 64-bit OS, provide the FlashInstall.log file from both locations mentioned in the FAQ.  Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How do I share a file? Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the installer from adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe is distributing Windows Service Pack 3, good for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gabrielb66236734

To my knowledge Adobe isn't distributing XP Service Pack 3.  Not sure what installer GURUTUYU  is referring to.  Scrolling up to their previous comment, they indicate they already have XP3 installed.  I'm assuming they are referring to the Flash Player installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SP3 is from microsoft

FLASH PLAYER is from Adobe.  It will not install.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GURUTUYU ,

Please describe the behaviour you're experiencing when you attempt to install Flash Player.  If you're getting an error post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot)

I'll also need to get the previously requested log files from your to troubleshoot further.

Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? If you are using the online (stub) installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) provide all files listed (FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log.).  If you're using the offline (full) installer (downloaded from the help page), provide only the FlashInstall.log file.  If this is a 64-bit OS, provide the FlashInstall.log file from both locations mentioned in the FAQ.  Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How do I share a file? Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Clicked on "INSTALL NOW"  for Windows 32-bit , English, Firefox

Went to "flashplayer21_ha_install" and clicked on it.

I got a pop-up notice titled "Adobe Flash Player Installer"

It looked like it was installing, then it said "Adobe Flash Player: Installation failed. Click "Finish" for further a...

I clicked on "Finish" and got the message that "Adobe Flash Player could not be installed"

You can troubleshoot your installation with the following resources:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GURUTUYU ,

Have you tried using the installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page, in the 'Still having problems' section?  If not, please try that one.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that, but there is no option for flash player or shockwave in my Firefox Add-Ons/Plug-Ins menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding your reply.  Did you try using the installer posted at the bottom of the page, or did you go straight to the Add-ons/Pugins?  If Flash Player is not installed, it won't be listed in the Add-ons and Plugins menu.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did both and then I searched for available pulg ins, but flash player was not one of the listed ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the installer complete successfully or was there an error?  If there was an error post a screenshot of the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much to maria, very helpful indeed. I would like to point out that if there are any other geeks like me that insist on still running XP that SP3 is to be found at FileHippo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Glad you found it helpful.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best advice anyone can give you is to find an alternative to Adobe flash. It's garbage. I have tried for two years to download the latest versions without any success. Every time I get the same message, that installation failed.

I have spent hours in total on this worthless product. And hopefully EPUB books will totally take place of the Adobe PDF, which I hope puts a big hole in their pocket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in agreement Cody! Sadly, HTML5 is not replacing the Devil's spawn Flash very quickly.  No hole big enough, IMHO.  I have flash on my laptop, but gave up on the other machine as I concluded I don't need it there

This doesn't help GURU much, all I can say (again) is that Win SP3 is available (which you must have installed because of code issues) at filehippo dot com, and you must exit your browser or install will always fail, auto delete the install file, and when your done pulling out the little hair you have left, you just have to start over. Sure hope you get it worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cody and Gabriel, is there a substitute for Adobe Flash???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, yes: HTML5. Unfortunately, it seems to be very slow to develop and / or take over for flash.  Flash is a bad platform IMHO, it crashes quite a bit, sometimes frame rate goes down to 1 - 2 fps, and locks up in the middle of things. I do a lot of online gaming, and it can be particularity frustrating in this context at times. Also, I was silly enough to actually read the terms of service for flash, one may not, specifically among many others, install it on an ATM!!!!! I can't 'feel your pain', but I can darn sure empathize!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled Avast Anti-Virus program and it installed OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GURUTUYU ,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and upload all files, Adobe_ADM.log, Adobe_GDE.log, FlashInstall.log file (2 if this is a 64-bit OS), to cloud.acrobat.com using the How to share a document​ instructions. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cody88XX ,

What OS and browser are you using?  Does this happen when you use the stub installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the full installer?

I'd like to get some log files from you to troubleshoot why you keep getting the 'installation failed' error.

Upload all files mentioned in the FAQ to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the How to share a document instructions and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines