• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of a sudden, I can no longer open books up on my Kobo. The following message comes up. Oops. The document couldn't be opened. This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management(DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, I can no longer open books up on my Kobo.  The following message comes up.  Oops.  The document couldn't be opened. This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management(DRM) and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign-in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.

What can I do

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try authorize Digital Edition and your Reader with the same adobe id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Message popped up in the middle of reading a book. Book is available to read on the computer but can no longer access it on the Kobo Aura. Both the computer & the Kobo are signed in with the same Adobe ID.

Have tried deauthorizing and authorizing agian. Have tried changing versions of ADE. Have tried different Adobe ID. Still unable to access books on Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to reset the kobo and authorize new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

I tried deactivating and reactivating and called Kobo support, but this seems to be wide spread and from looking through the forums here it doesn't seem to be just Kobo users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as many on this forum are.  I do not understand why Adobe Digital Editions is so uninterested that they do not solve the problems we are having.  I am also using Kobo Aura and Windows 10.  All was working until just recently.  I have installed various editions, authorized and deauthorized both the reader and the computer to no avail.  Surely there is an answer to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also reset the Kobo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I've been trying to solve this for the last 3 hours and keep getting the run around. They're telling me to go to the forums, but the forums don't have an answer. I even linked to the customer service rep all of the threads with this issue, all unsolved and asked her to connect me to someone who could help. She told me she couldn't and disconnected the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been advised to contact Kobo support.  No one seems to be able to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly.  Yahoo.  Thanks a bunch Nansky.  As was said do not upgrade, stick with Adobe 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm speaking with customer care and they keep pushing the forum for adobe digital editions and that there is a team of experts that can help, below is the none sense help they can share ...

Tshering:

We want to inform you that this issue is only supported on Forums.adobe.com as we have a team of Expertise who are trained and have knowledge about this product. you will get the resolution as in forums our adobe experts are available so they will  give you resolution at earliest.

Tshering:

you will get the resolution as in forums our adobe experts are available so they will  give you resolution at earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want speak with a export you must write a staff person. I try only to help customer if i can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines