• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explanation Long Edge and Short Edge when exporting out of LR

New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a Real Estate shoot and the photographs will be displayed on the program realestate.com I have been told by Real Estate .com to use a ratio of 4:3  *800 pixel *600 pixels I will set up the aspect ratio in my camera to 4:3, but my problem is when I export the photos. Do I use  Long edge 800 pixel or Short edge 800 pixels ? I know when sending images to Facebook to use Long Edge @ 851 pixels and Pinterest Short Edge 600 pixels but this is with an Aspect ratio 3:2. I am desperate for someone to answer these questions

Thank you

Katie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

If your original image is 4:3  (or you can use crop tool for 4 x 3 aspect ), then set :Long Edge" to 800pixels.

A horizontal image export will be 800x600.  A vertical export will be 600x800.

If you choose "Width & Height" in the Resize options, with W=800 and H=600,  then-

A horizontal export will be 800x600.  A vertical export will be 450x600.

The Width and Height settings in the Resize dialog must be thought of as "Maximum" dimensions for the exported image. The image has to 'fit' within the dimen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two parts here you need to look at individually.

Using the crop tool, you need to set a 4:3 ratio for the image.

When you "export" the edits out of LR, you can set the image size to 800x600 using the "dimensions" or "long edge" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your original image is 4:3  (or you can use crop tool for 4 x 3 aspect ), then set :Long Edge" to 800pixels.

A horizontal image export will be 800x600.  A vertical export will be 600x800.

If you choose "Width & Height" in the Resize options, with W=800 and H=600,  then-

A horizontal export will be 800x600.  A vertical export will be 450x600.

The Width and Height settings in the Resize dialog must be thought of as "Maximum" dimensions for the exported image. The image has to 'fit' within the dimensions given, regardless of its aspect ratio.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines