• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Coding Corner

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Developer community! Welcome to Coding Corner - a new forum space where developers that use Adobe products can talk about best practices, ask questions, and connect - all without the constraints of a product-centric forum! Here's a quick little intro for those who are curious about what this forum will be all about:

Why did this forum come to be?

Adobe forums would be nothing without the constant engagement and passion of our extremely active creative community. The Coding Corner itself is the brainchild of the following experts who have also graciously volunteered to nourish this forum from its infancy. They were concerned with the lack of a space for Adobe users who developed across many different platforms, and thought that the creation of this space would help bring this community together. We thank all of them for their hard work in making this this space a reality.

kglad‌ | Ned Murphy | Nancy+O‌ | Ben Pleysier‌ | Jon Fritz II‌ | David_Powers‌ | sinious‌ | resdesign‌ | Ken Binney‌ | Rob Hecker

On behalf of Adobe, we thank each one of them for their relentless endeavor in making our forums a better place for our users.

Who is this forum for? What questions will be asked here?

This forum is for all levels of developer focused questions. The kind of questions we will encourage will be in the areas of UI/UX, SPA, Web->App (Phonegap, etc), HTML*, CSS, Databases, Structure (XML, JSON, etc), Specification (HTTP, TCP, SSL, etc), Client (JavaScript, Frameworks, Flash, AIR, etc) and Server Side (PHP, ASP, etc) technologies and Services. While it is not limited to these areas, they are what make up the vast majority of development and most of them are used concurrently.

The unique aspect of this forum is all of the technologies mentioned have multiple Adobe products that can be used in their workflows. Users will no longer need to break questions up into their product-centric bits, posted over potentially multiple forums. A concise problem and answer can be posted and solved in this type of forum.

Adobe has already taken this approach for design, offering Design Forum. It has no development counterpart to enrich with product-agnostic discussions, questions and answers. These neutral discussions can produce high PR ranking content that developers are likely to find related to their searching, bringing even more users in.

How do I use Coding Corner so that I get the most out of it?

Since there are so many different kinds of questions that I can be asked in Coding Corner, we're relying on a "tagging" system to make sure that questions get seen and answered by the right people. On the main Coding Corner page, you'll see a list of "popular tags" that are focused around typical content that we expect to pop up in Coding Corner:

• If you want to answer a question, users will be able to click directly on these tag links to browse areas that they feel comfortable in and provide expert assistance
  • If you want to ask a question, users can use this list as a reference and make sure to tag all of their questions appropriately - giving them the best chance of getting their question seen

This system relies on our users to work together and be committed to making sure content is tagged appropriately!

So, what do I do now?

Now that this forum is live, we leave it in your hands to make it whatever you'd like it to be!

• Ask a question: start asking questions or posting helpful content to build up this page as a rich source of knowledge - this will help in attracting more users
  • Post a link to this forum in product-centric spaces: Next time you're perusing the Dreamweaver forum and see someone looking for help debugging their code, post a link to this forum! We want to bring awareness to the developers on the Dreamweaver, Flash Pro, Muse, and other web forums about this space.

Thanks again for being apart of our thriving Adobe community of committed developers, and welcome to Coding Corner!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Adobe for its willingness to support new and promising entities like this.

Big thanks to Sinious for all the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<?php echo Ken ?>

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are equally glad and excited to see this forum created. We are also working hard to make this forum popular among our users, and encourage you to do so as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Preran I am new to the forum and like what I see already. I need to learn dreamweaver its all new but very interesting seems I am hooked and need more hours at the screen, css and grid layout and code keeps me up most nights. I just need to learn if that makes sense.

Regards

Gordan70+

add a few years its my age, just got the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I honestly the only dinosaur that still uses 'print' over 'echo'?

This space is, as mentioned, obstacle free. Go on and challenge us thirsty full stack developers. I have some of my own questions I'll be posting here. Beware!

Most Important with a capital i, thank you to Adobe and the original 10 who agreed to assist, all variously educated, all top contributors, and all here of their own precious time to help!

So what's better, Mac or Windows or *nix? Red Sox? Patriots? Celtics? Bruins? Alright I'm NE USA biased, but this place, is not. Any subject, any product, development has your back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Thank you for creating this useful forum. I will help w/ Adobe ColdFusion questions as I have time.

1) Minor nit: "Server side" and "Client side" should actually be hyphenated "Server-side" and "Client-side". Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-side.

2) More importantly, "(PHP, ASP, etc)" should be "(ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, etc)". Adobe should always promote its own products.

3) Most importantly, please include #ColdFusion under "Popular Tags" since #PHP was included.

Thanks!,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the Coding Corner.

Can I ask which IDE do you use for your CF projects?

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind offer.   We're sure you will be a very needed asset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Aaron!

On the things you brought up, a couple things to consider.

This forum is entirely product agnostic. Adobe, generously, offered their prime real-estate to promote what is by far the most widely used. I think that speaks worlds of them. Enterprise (many fortune 500) uses a Microsoft stack (ASP/.NET/MVC) and the overwhelming vast majority otherwise uses PHP. There are only 12 spots on the front page to recommend for primary tags so it needs to strictly cover the industry.

The list will always evolve. Expect suggestions such as your own as well as the questions fielded here will influence the top tags.

Glad to have your help here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting but I do not see Acrobat JavaScript supported. Is this because it is a different flavor of JavaScript and does not work well with other Adobe products.

I got to this forum by someone transferring a very specific Acrobat JavaScript question bout percentage calculations to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. I am new to coding and I need help to understand it. Is there anyone just learning coding like html?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines