• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp11, Word2010, Window7, importing error

Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI~

I just installed RoboHelp11 and want to import a word document.

But, I get a error that "Adobe RoboHelp 11 has stopped working".

I installed microsoft word2010 and used this sample word document.

http://downloads.tv.adobe.com/2011-09-11/learn_chlvid55017_rh_exercise.zip

stopped working.PNG

How can I import word doc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First point to clarify is that you are not using RoboHelp for Word, which is the forum you posted in. RoboHelp for Word is a separate version that was not included with Rh11. I have therefore moved this thread. I have also deleted your duplicated post.

Have you tried with another document that you have created?

What language is your PC using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter – sure looks Korean to me, if that dialog box is any indication ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I use Korean.

I tried with document that I had created, and failed too.

Maybe, I need to install RoboHelp for Word, Right?

How can I install RoboHelp for Word trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no RoboHelp for Word with version 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no RoboHelp for Word with RH version 11, why do the product version comparisons show RH 11 to be compatible with both Word 2010 and Word 2013? 

That is the whole reason I bought a RoboHelp 11 license - so I could update my old RH 9 files at work.  When our company "upgraded" from Word 2007 to Word 2010, they gave me a new laptop. RH was never installed on it and it took - no lie - 2 years to get RH 11.  Now I finally got it installed today and it doesn't come with RH for Word??  

WTF???  Why do the charts all say that RH 11 works with Word 2010?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Bear with me here. This road is convoluted.

In the very beginning, RoboHelp was a Word add in. So you HAD to use Word, as it was the only way to edit content.

Along the way RoboHelp HTML was introduced. So you then had two products. You could create and edit projects using RoboHelp for Word or you could create and edit other types of projects using RoboHelp HTML. In RoboHelp for Word, you used Microsoft Word as the editing environment and in RoboHelp HTML, you used the RoboHelp editing environment.

With either product, you have an ability to import content in the form of Microsoft Word documents. You also have the ability to produce a Microsoft Word document so that Printed Documentation or a PDF may be created.

So the newer RoboHelp versions are "compatible" with recent Word versions so that content may still be imported (or linked) and output to Word. You use RoboHelp HTML as the editor.

Does that make better sense? If not, please advise where you are confused and we will try to help you better understand.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks very much for this reply.  I now understand what is happening. 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that helps me solve my problem.  I have a ton of content in old RoboHelp/Word files, which were created in RoboHelp for Word and used to generate compiled WebHelp format outputs, with application context-sensitivity built in for my company's internally developed apps. 

Can RoboHelp 11 open a RoboHelp 9 WebHelp file and update it?  Or can it import the many different styles I had in use in my Word docs?

Or am I going to lose the look and feel of my 700+ topic WebHelp books?  In which case, it is a very good thing that my building's windows are permanently sealed shut.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were in your shoes, I'd try the following approach.

From RoboHelp (2015 Release) choose to create a new project. When you are creating the project, click the Import tab and choose WinHelp Project(*.hpj).

tmp2.png

I know you said you had a "WebHelp file" and what I'm showing is "WinHelp Project". What you are talking about is an output (WebHelp) that was produced from your source files that existed as a "WinHelp Project" where the main project database file was an HPJ file format.

I'd give that a shot and see how you fare. This action should try and mimic what you had as a RoboHelp for Word project as far as organization, look and feel of things.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a link to an old post where Marjoriem documented her approaches to this task.

If Rick's reply and Marjorie's post do not help, can you share a project with me so that I can take a look? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like the solution I need, Rick.  Thank you SO much!  I truly appreciate it.

Peter, thank you for your info as well.  I had seen Marjoriem's post, but it sounded like you needed the old version to do something before the upgrade, and I never had it on this PC.  (My tech support department refused to install it, since this PC has only ever had Word and Office 2010.)  But I think Rick's solution will work.

Thank you both for your time & help!!!   - Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply.

How can I get an older trial version of RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would only need RH for Word if you were producing the old WinHelp version I believe. You should be able to import content from Word into RH11 just fine. Try a plain text document with just a normal style applied – can you import that into a fresh RH project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp