• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booklet printing in wrong order

Explorer ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a commercial print shop, and we print booklets all the time on our Xerox C75 digital press.  I have a 24-page booklet created in InDesign CC printing on 6 sheets of 11x17 paper, 2-sided, which we booklet-fold and saddle-stitch on the printer.  I'm using Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.1.  My layout is 12- 11x17 pages, and I manually place the 8.5x11 pages into the spreads:

Document Page 1:  24/1

Document Page 2:  2/23

Document Page 3:  22/3

Document Page 4:  4/21

Document Page 5:  20/5

Document Page 6:  6/19

Document Page 7:  18/7

Document Page 8:  8/17

Document Page 9:  16/9

Document Page 10:  10/15

Document Page 11:  14/11

Document Page 12:  12/13

This is how I always layout a booklet.  But when I print this booklet two-sided and set it to booklet fold (outside) and staple center (saddle-stitch), the pages come out in the wrong order.

The booklet ends up in this order:

1, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, blank(23), blank(2), 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 24

Pages 22 and 23 are blank, so it's hard for me to tell which is which.  I think I have it correct above, but it could be 2, then 23.

The thing I don't understand is that the booklet is mostly printed in reverse order, but not completely.  The outside of the covers print where they belong, but the insides print in the middle of the booklet.  And every other page in the book prints in reverse order.

I've printed this booklet before with no troubles. All I did this time was open it and hit print.  I'm thinking there must be some little step I've forgotten, or some setting that got changed I overlooked, but I keep going over it and it never prints right.  I literally print booklets every week, so it seems odd I'd forget something, but I don't know what else it could be.

Thoughts on what I might have missed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Turns out that the 'Print Blank Pages' box got unchecked, and it threw off my page order.  When I checked that again everything went back to normal.

I knew it had to be something silly!

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export a PDF and print using the booklet function in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but the Booklet function in Acrobat reduces the size of the pages.  I haven't figured out a way around that.  Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that the 'Print Blank Pages' box got unchecked, and it threw off my page order.  When I checked that again everything went back to normal.

I knew it had to be something silly!

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this box checked in the 'print booklet' dialog, but you also need to check it on the 'print settings' dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines