Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/hide all dropdowns

Explorer ,
May 21, 2008 May 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I had previosuly set up a toolbar button to show/hide all dropdown sections within my content, as per the guide here: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/showhide/toolbar_method.htm.

Since my upgrade to v7, this doesn't function any more..

Does anyone know how to get this going again, it's a feature I use lots!!

Thanks, Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008
Just wanted to add on here that Peter solved my problem... for some reason the fact that my topics have 2 meta tags showing that they were imported from Word docs was breaking the show/hide function.

By removing these 2 meta tags the functionality is restored...!

Thanks Peter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.
Although I don't use this method, I'd be surprised in it was RH itself that is the problem. I've not come across this issue so far. Does it work OK in the unpublished output? My thinking is that this is some sort of browser issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had anyone report this until now. I will take a look but it might be a few days.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2008 May 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.. I'd guessing it's to do with the changed method of creating drop downs in v7 (i.e. death to Kadov).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2008 May 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested it in a RH7 project and it is working fine.

Try it out in a new project first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.. I've just tried this on a new project and it does work!

But it doesn't work at all in my project which was upgraded from X5 to v7 :-(

Any suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way is to check one of the pages as somewhere the code got clobbered.

Compare it with the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Mark, for those projects you upgraded... Have you tried clicking Tools > Update DHTML Effects in Topics?

Just pondering aloud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion Rick.. but sadly it didn't help..

I will try to analyse the code between a working page and a duff one and let you know how i get on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mr. Magorium would say...

FRAPDOODLE!!!!

Good luck in sorting it... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i'm just about to give up I think... short of rebuilding the whole project (ain't gonna happen!) I can't understand what's wrong with it...

Here is the code snip from the one that works, and the one that doesn't.. seems identical to me! Does anyone know if I'm looking in the right place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the JS file in the working project a copy of the one from the non working project or from elsewhere?

I am wondering if the JS file got clobbered by the upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I copied the toggle.js from my non-working project into the new one I created for today's test.. Is it worth putting a fresh copy into the non-working project, you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The file either works or it doesn't. If it worked in the new project, it should work in the old.

Is the reference to the script still in the head section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erm.. where exactly should I be looking? I can't see any reference to toggle.js in the HEAD section of the individual pages, in the old or new project.

Is it not called from somewhere central? I'm using the "toolbar" method. I don't really know enough about how RH sets its toolbar frames :-s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i believe the script only needs to be in the whskin_bars.htm page (which makes up the frame at the top of the page with the contents, index and search buttons etc).

It focuses on the main frame, meaning you don't have to link to the toggle.js script on every page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot you were looking at the toolbar method.

Have you gone through all the steps of setting this up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, Mat,

I've been through the steps again to make sure, but the button is still there from before the migration... it exists in baggage, the skin has the correct settings and the SSL does too..

The whskin_bars.htm does reference toggle.js..

I guess i can try removing all references and trying it from scratch!

Interestingly, there is one page in the whole project where this button does actually work. This one was wiped by the v7 migration and then re-imported from backup. So it was not migrated the same way as the rest...

Edit: Deleted the toggle.js, redownloaded it from your site. Removed it from the Skin settings and readded it, readded to SSL and still the same... worth a try!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tested in a new project, did you also try importing a non working topic? Try that.

If that fails, you can send me that test project via my site as with only two topics, it will not be large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Have just tried your suggestion and I'm afraid it doesn't work if I import a non-working page into the new project.

Thanks for your kind offer, I will e-mail you the project via your site.

Edit: message sent, please let me know if it doesn't arrive, our e-mail system doesn't always seem to deliver externally, especially with attachments!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2008 Jun 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just wanted to add on here that Peter solved my problem... for some reason the fact that my topics have 2 meta tags showing that they were imported from Word docs was breaking the show/hide function.

By removing these 2 meta tags the functionality is restored...!

Thanks Peter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp