• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download an Ebook on a second computer, I receive the error message "W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE".  I did not have any issues with this on my first computer.  I have deauthorized the first computer and gone through the steps to remove the Adept Key through the Registry Editor, and still no luck.  I create an account and use my Adobe ID so that I could view the purchase on multiple devices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you authorize the secound Device with the same Adobe ID as the first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried with the same Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if you can copy the eBook to a secound device? (Right Click in Digital Edition > Media-Info).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly, now I am getting an error message under Item Info > Permissions that "License Key is Damaged".  I attempted to deauthorize my computer to re-authorize it (using Ctrl+shift+D), but when I try, I receive an error message "Unable to Erase Authorization.  Please try again after some time."  I restarted my workstation, but receive the same error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"License Key is Damaged" is a error with the file itself. Remove the file and download again with a other Internet Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the file located to remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to remove it direkly in Digital Edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option I see is to remove it from the Library; this does not erase the actual file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its this a file with the cloud symbole?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there are no cloud symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should it mark at remove. Get you a error message or its not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot remove the file from ADE.  I have to locate the file in it's original location.  Please provide me with the correct file path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS do are used exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should have a My Digital Edition Folder under your Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was able to erase the files. Now, I am receiving a different error message when trying to open a document: "E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I am now able to view the documents on my computer again.  However, I still have the original issue and error message when I try to open the book on a second computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You try the same steps on the secound Computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you get the same error o.O sure that you have full permissions with your user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if you get the same error with a other user of your device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When another user tries, they receive the same "W_ADEPT_CORE_WRONG_DEVICE" error, even though I was able to authenticate with my same Adobe User ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines