• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows and Mac Acrobat Pro DC no print window

New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several computers windows and mac over different versions of the OS having the same issue.

How ever to try to print you get no print window or you get a print window with no content or info.

uninstalling, removing cache and prefs and reinstalling does not fix this issue.

Acrobat DC Reader and all other office and adobe apps can print fine.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

Can you please try to re-install the Acrobat base build and update it manually by May 2016 patch (don't do check for updates). You can get the patch from this link: 15.016.20039 Planned update, May 10, 2016 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes​ ?

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried downloading the patch but the FTP site is not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

Please try the renaming workaround instead.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem, two macs who rely heavily on pdfs.

This should not happen, as it is stopping production causing us more work by trying to resolve issues using other programmes.

I cannot print any pdf, print any pdf from emails or browser, the only way I can manage it in a rush at the moment is to import into quark or indesign and print from there.

I'd be grateful if this issue could be resolved ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple includes a native PDF viewer called Preview, which will open and print your PDFs. Simply right click (or control+click) the PDF file and select Open with: Preview, then print as you normally would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However - it does not solve all issues. We have a lot of PDF's where we need to use the overprint preview both on screen and print. Also, we need to be able to print any comments to the PDF as well.

We have around 20 licenses for Adobe CC that cannot use Acrobat at the moment. Very frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not fix the issue.  I've lost all features to my fiery printer.  Which doesn't help me get my catalog printed.

Edit to add: Got my Fiery Features back by re-adding the printer and changing the name of the printer to a name with more character spaces.  Just had to get the IP Address to get the printer added as it was not showing up on the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem. I tried to print a PDF file using Acrobat DC, but no print window. I updated Flash Player, and now everything is working fine. There must be something in the update that needs Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Flash Player but still the same problem – didn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add another to the list. This is happening for at least 2 computers that our office manages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Acrobat team is aware of this issue and working on a resolution on priority. Meanwhile, please use the workarounds given below to resume printing operation on Mac.

Workaround 1:  If you have any other printer that has more than or equal to 10 characters in the printer name, make that as the default printer.

Workaround 2: If you have only one printer:

1. Note down the properties (IP/hostname etc. ) of the printer and delete the printer from your list of printers.
  2. Again add the same printer to your printer list. Please make sure you change the printer name to something more than 10 characters while adding it.

Now try printing the PDFs from Acrobat/Reader DC.

We will also confirm on this thread when a fix is available.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have some issue, Acrobat 2015.016.20039 on OS X 10.11.4.  Tried to Print but not Print Dialog Box.  Printer functions works from other apps, including Preview.  So I can use Preview to print PDF for now

Your suggestion to make another printer the Default is a good workaround.  Please notify us when this is fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting and adding back the printer with a name longer than 10 chars did nothing. The Print dialogue will not post.

What did Adobe do to us?

2.5 hours wasted trying to track down an answer, then trying to repair using the "workaround"! Should have just stuck with printing from Preview!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on a different thread and it worked for me and hopefully worked for others too until Adobe get this issue resolved.

I uninstalled using AppCleaner but you can probably use the Uninstaller to uninstall. Restart computer and empty trash. Then install Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.010.20056 and don't run any other updates. I tried updating after installing this version and it broke again so only install this version (Acrobat Pro DC version 2015.010.20056) and the dialog box came up for me.

BTW, only found this version online, a little newer but should work.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/AcrobatDC/1501020059/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have  printer names with >10 chars, however with hyphens as part of the name. Maybe this is the problem?

Edit: The hyphen theory is not true, i tested it.

The problem is that our printers are setup by mcx and thus automatically get a name like mcx_1 which is too short.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roger

The printer name should never impact anything, but it does when it comes to the latest Arobat Pro patch, right?

My printer names has spaces in them. No hyphens or underscores, just spaces, and it works. Perhaps give that a try until they come out with an update.

Thank you,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin

Thanks for your input.

I found that what I can see in the printer control panel and which in

our case contains hyphens is not the printer name as I mistakenly

assumed but the description. And I also found that the hyphens don't

matter (neither in the description nor the printer name). My guess was

wrong.

Sorry for the confusion.

best regards,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried adding the printers with more than 10 characters (A-Z) and this doesn't fix the issue I'm affraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello chris

the solution is bright indeed I can print with Acrobat Reader (but not Acrobat CC)

this is not normal but it works when the fix for Acorbat CC?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Unfortunately these work arounds aren't acceptable. I work in a Fortune 100 company and there isn't a single printer in the corporation with a name less than 10 characters.  

Please release a fix ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashu

I've just tried this update and unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. I use a Fiery rip as I need to add codes to charge print to different departments and although it can see the printer it can't see the rip. This means I can't actually print anything as the printer flushes any job without a security code.

Any advice?

Emma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma,

The issue you are mentioning is a different one than the Mac printing bug referred in my note.

Can you please share more details about your exact workflow, OS and Printer details?

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines