6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 3:45 AM by Test Screen Name

Installing CC on a third computer?

lag42 Level 1

I already have the CC program on a Mac and a PC. Now I want to install the CC program on a third computer. I know I have to pay for that but how do I go about it?

anybody?

• 1. Re: Installing CC on a third computer?
          Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are the only one using the software, there's a way to do this at no additional cost. If you are signed into Creative Cloud on computers A and B, and you want to use it on computer C, just sign out of the Creative Cloud application on either of the first two computers. That will free up one of your two allowed activations so that you can sign in on computer C.

In other words, as a single license user, you can install CC on 3 or 10 or more computers and sign in and out of them as long as no more than two are signed in at any time; and as long as you are using only one at a time.

• 2. Re: Installing CC on a third computer?
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Conrad C wrote:

If you are the only one using the software, there's a way to do this at no additional cost. If you are signed into Creative Cloud on computers A and B, and you want to use it on computer C, just sign out of the Creative Cloud application on either of the first two computers. That will free up one of your two allowed activations so that you can sign in on computer C.

In other words, as a single license user, you can install CC on 3 or 10 or more computers and sign in and out of them as long as no more than two are signed in at any time; and as long as you are using only one at a time.

I do exactly that between my desktop, laptop and Cintiq Companion 2.   It is easier if you sign out of one before signing in to the third, but strictly necessary.  You are automatically signed out of one of the other two, and if it happens to be the wrong one, then you just have to enter your password again next time you go to use it.   I've probably gone through the process a half dozen times now.

Having said that, I do often wonder if it would be easier to get another Photography plan subscription for the sake of $10 a month.  At the moment I rarely use the Cintiq Companion, but if that changes, then I probably will get another subscription.

• 3. Re: Installing CC on a third computer?
              Market Patch

Does this still work in 2017?

• 4. Re: Installing CC on a third computer?
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Yes.  I still swap between laptop and Cintiq Companion

• 5. Re: Installing CC on a third computer?
                  D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

They seem to have a very streamlined process for this now.

But there was a time when you couldn't do that. Until sometime during CS3/CS4, there was a limit of 20 deactivate and reactivate cycles. After that you had to call and explain each time. The limit wasn't published, and caught a lot of people completely off guard. That caused a bit of a stir, and to their credit Adobe listened and removed the limit shortly after.

Just putting it into historical perspective License terms aren't necessarily written on stone tablets.

• 6. Re: Installing CC on a third computer?
                    Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

If you actually want it live full time on three computers the key thing is this: only one subscription per Adobe ID. You need a second Adobe ID.