• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging indent issue when Importing Word Doc

New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first post and I hope someone can help. I have imported a Word 2003 document into RoboHelp HTML 7. Every topic that is imported that contains any type of paragraph, list or table has the hanging indent set at 0.25. I have hundreds of topics, so if there is a way that I can either prevent this from occuring OR fix it across the board, it would be very helpful. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting is more than likely in the style sheet (.css file) attached to your topics.

Make your changes there.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - thanks for the quick response. I have been going into Format --> Styles and selecting each of the numerous Paragraphs styles and making the change. Is there a quick find and replace I can do on the style sheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the fix, the prevention is to check out your Word document before import.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But my Word document does not have any of the hanging indents in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH doesn't make them up!

Can you send me the document via my site?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have sent you a portion of the doc along with the recreation steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many paragraph styles are there? What you are doing sounds right but there shouldn't be that many, unless RH has created individual styles to deal with inline formatting in the source document and you had loads of styles there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp