• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My AVG Program is Stating the Update to Flash Player is Malware. Before I delete it can someone verify it is not valid?

May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows Home Premium 7, on a Desk Top Computer, and I was running Mozilla Firefox.

I installed what I thought was a valid version of Adobe Flash Player Update, that was bundled with McAfee Security Scan Plus; which I did not want.

Before I could try and run it.  My AVG Internet Security program, identified the File or Directory and Process, as being Malware.  Before I delete it, could someone please verify that the following file is not valid?

What my AVG Program said:

Threat:  General Behavior Detection

Object Name:

C:\USERS\OWNER\APPDATA\LOCAL\ADOBE\63015D06-B7EC-4305-A8FB-93D07D8934F8\62D2017E-69A9-ACEB-E16797A08104\ECD23B9D-Z83E-4229-B44A-31DF46D12A22.

(It repeated this twice, once stating it was a File or Directory, and once stating it was a Process).

(The "C:\USERS\OWNER\APPDATA\LOCAL" part of the file, is where it is located on my computer).

Is this malware or not?  Should I uninstall it?  If it is a valid file, how do I get my AVG to recognize and accept it?  Please help

Thank you.

Robin20337018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though the Adobe forum does not address virus and the what not, AVG from when I have used it in the past it fairly good at what it does.

My Advice would be to allow it to do its thing.

Once that is done, I would get the offline installers from the following page:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

SCROLL to the bottom under 'still having problems'

There you will find the stand alone or offline installers to use.

If you want you could click on my name in here and under my website you can check out some useful utilities to ease that process again.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines